David Johnson Fantasy Football Rankings, 2019 Projections, Analysis, More
Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: David Johnson
- See our experts' fantasy football rankings, 2019 projections, analysis and more for Arizona Cardinals running back David Johnson.
Johnson is coming off an unremarkable season that left a sour taste in the mouths of his fantasy football investors. But it was a tale of two halves:
- Johnson in Weeks 1-8: 14.5 PPR points per game, overall RB11
- Johnson in Weeks 10-17: 16.3 PPR points per game, overall RB7
There’s reason to believe his rushing efficiency will increase while his ceiling as a receiver could help him re-emerge as one of fantasy’s most consistent stars.
It remains to be seen if DJ will ever return to his 2016 heights, but even a mild improvement from his teammates and coaches should at least enable him to return value as a top-five fantasy investment. — Ian Hartitz
Note: Rankings and projections are as of July 1. For our experts’ most recent updates, check out our fantasy football tools.
2019 David Johnson’s Fantasy Football Rankings
- PPR: No. 5 overall | No. 5 RB
- Half-Point PPR: No. 5 overall | No. 5 RB
- Standard: No. 4 overall | No. 4 RB
Here are our experts’ aggregate projections for top-level stats.
- Rushing: 250 carries | 1,010 yards | 9.1 touchdowns
- Receiving: 59 receptions | 586 yards | 3.5 touchdowns
- Rushing: 258 car | 940 yds | 58.8 yds/g | 7 TDs
- Receiving: 50 rec | 446 yds | 27.9 yds/g | 3 TDs
- Fantasy ranks: RB9 PPR | RB10 0.5 PPR | RB10 std