David Montgomery Fantasy Football Rankings, 2019 Projections, Analysis, More
Jun 11, 2019; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Bears running back David Montgomery (32) warms up during Veteran Minicamp at Halas Hall. Mandatory Credit: Patrick Gorski-USA TODAY Sports
- See our experts' fantasy football rankings, 2019 projections, analysis and more for Chicago Bears running back David Montgomery.
Montgomery boasts an athletic skill set that could help him achieve an early-down role sooner than later.
Tarik Cohen remains the favorite to lead the backfield in touches, and Montgomery will also have to compete with Mike Davis and Cordarrelle Patterson for snaps. But don’t underestimate the rookie’s chances of securing a featured role before long.
As noted by Pro Football Focus’ Scott Barrett, the Bears invested a 2019 third-round pick, 2020 fourth-round pick and dropped 43 spots on Day 3 in order to select Montgomery. This comes after former starting running back Jordan Howard — who received at least 250 carries in 2016, 2017 and 2018 — was shipped to the Eagles for a 2020 sixth-round pick that can escalate to a fifth-round pick. — Ian Hartitz
Note: Rankings and projections are as of July 1. For our experts’ most recent updates, check out our fantasy football tools.
2019 David Montgomery’s Fantasy Football Rankings
- PPR: No. 98 overall | No. 35 RB
- Half-Point PPR: No. 91 overall | No. 36 RB
- Standard: No. 85 overall | No. 38 RB
Here are our experts’ aggregate projections for top-level stats.
- Rushing: 146 carries | 613 yards | 5.2 touchdowns
- Receiving: 24 receptions | 189 yards | 0.8 touchdowns