NFL Divisional Round Injury Report: Todd Gurley, Sammy Watkins, More
USA Today Sports. Pictured: Todd Gurley, Sammy Watkins
- Get the latest on all the fantasy-relevant injuries with our NFL Divisional Round Injury Report featuring updates on Rams RB Todd Gurley and Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins.
- The Saints' offensive line is quietly banged up, while Chargers TE Hunter Henry would likely be on a snap count if he makes his return against the Patriots.
The Rams haven’t had Todd Gurley in the lineup since their Week 15 loss to the Eagles, but he’ll suit up on Sunday after having three full weeks to rest his aching knee. His return will unquestionably delegate Weeks 16-17 fantasy sensation C.J. Anderson to the bench.
Meanwhile, Sammy Watkins (foot) has reportedly been preparing for a playoff return since he re-aggravated his injury during the Chiefs’ Week 11 loss to the Rams. He’s officially questionable for Saturday. Watkins’ return would bump Demarcus Robinson out of starting 3-WR sets, although the over-qualified field-stretcher would likely continue to work behind both of Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce in Patrick Mahomes’ pecking order.
Below are more key injury notes for the eight teams still in the hunt for Super Bowl 53:
- The Colts’ up-start defense is dealing with injuries to safety Mike Mitchell (calf, IR) and rookie defensive end Tyquan Lewis (knee, out). Auxiliary wide receiver Ryan Grant (toe) is also out. The potential absence of rangy free safety Malik Hooker (foot, questionable) would be bad news vs. the Chiefs’ explosive attack
- The Chiefs are tentatively expected to welcome back Watkins, but the status of running back Spencer Ware (hamstring, questionable) remains a mystery. Similar uncertainty exists around the status of all-world safety Eric Berry (heel, questionable).
- Cowboys starting guard Xavier Su’a-Filo (ankle, questionable) will be needed against the Rams’ ferocious defensive line, while slot receiver Cole Beasley (ankle) is also questionable.
- The Rams are fully healthy and don’t have a single player listed on their final injury report.
- Chargers tight end Hunter Henry (knee, questionable) was reportedly “not quite there yet,” and didn’t suit up for the team’s wild-card matchup against the Ravens. He’ll likely be on a snap count if he’s ultimately able to suit up on Sunday.
- Patriots safety Devin McCourty (concussion) and complementary weapon Cordarrelle Patterson (knee) are both good to go for Sunday.
- Eagles field-stretcher Mike Wallace (ankle, questionable) is still considered day-to-day, while the defense doesn’t appear any closer to welcoming back linebacker D.J. Alexander (hamstring, questionable) or cornerback Sidney Jones (hamstring, questionable). Head coach Doug Pederson already confirmed Nick Foles will (obviously) once again start.
- The Saints are quietly dealing with a banged up offensive line. Still, each of starting right guard Larry Warford (knee), left tackle Terron Armstead (shoulder) and backup left tackle Jermon Bushrod (hamstring) will suit up for their matchup against the Eagles’ ferocious pass rush.
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest NFL conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
We’ll be tracking injuries and suspensions for every starter and fantasy-relevant player below, with updates until kickoff.
Daily practice participation will be included to give a clear idea of how healthy a player truly is. Official injury designations will be added once they are available, but the FantasyLabs Status will be updated throughout the week.
NFL Divisional Round Injury Report
- DNP = Did Not Practice
- LP = Limited Practice
- FP = Full Practice