Week 16 NFL Injury Report: Todd Gurley a Game-Time Decision for Sunday
USA Today Sports. Pictured: Leonard Fournette, Keenan Allen
- Get the latest on all the fantasy-relevant injuries with our Week 16 NFL injury report, featuring updates on Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette and more.
- Monitor the status on Chargers WR Keenan Allen (hip), Chargers RB Melvin Gordon and more.
Juju Smith-Schuster was listed as a limited participant in practice Thursday. He reportedly suffered a groin injury during practice and is questionable for Sunday’s matchup against the Saints. James Washington could see enhanced target share if Juju is ultimately unable to suit up, but Eli Rogers would be the guy to benefit from the slot coverage of P.J. Williams (PFF’s No. 106 overall cornerback this season).
The Jaguars have gone back and forth on their explanation of why Leonard Fournette only received 14 touches and played just 27-of-52 (52%) snaps in their Week 15 loss to the Redskins.
First, Fournette explained that “the game plan coming in” was to get rookie David Williams more snaps at running back, but head coach Doug Marrone told reporters on Monday that Fournette would be limited in practice this week with a foot injury. Fournette ultimately practiced in full all week and is good to go for Sunday.
Even in a potential smash spot against the Dolphins this week, it’s tough to get behind Fournette with his uncertain workload situation. Also, the Jaguars have scored just 28 total points over their past 12 quarters with Cody Kessler.
Some other key injury notes from around the league:
- Bills running back Marcus Murphy (elbow, IR) is done for the season. LeSean McCoy (hamstring) and Chris Ivory (shoulder) are expected to return to the lineup after practicing in full on Thursday and Friday.
- The Falcons placed Ito Smith (knee) on Injured Reserve. This could position Tevin Coleman for a featured role in Week 16, but backup Brian Hill figures to see plenty of work as well against the Panthers’ sturdy run defense.
- Confirmed starters under center include Josh Rosen for the Cardinals, Nick Foles for the Eagles and Eli Manning for the Giants.
- Melvin Gordon (knee) will suit up on Saturday, while Austin Ekeler (neck) will remain sidelined.
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) is doubtful, so Damien Williams will once again work as the Chiefs featured running back against the Seahawks.
- Randall Cobb remains in the concussion protocol. His absence would elevate Marquez Valdes-Scantling into 3-WR sets alongside Equanimeous St. Brown and Davante Adams.
- Odell Beckham Jr. (quad) won’t return in Week 16. Evan Engram (24% target share), Sterling Shepard (21.5%) and Saquon Barkley (21.5%) have each seen boosts in target share during Beckham’s absence over the past two weeks.
- Frank Gore (foot) won’t play again this season. Kenyan Drake and Kalen Ballage are expected to form a two-back committee against the Jaguars. Drake out-snapped Ballage 28 to 26 this past Sunday, but Ballage out-touched Drake 13 to four.
- Tyler Boyd has been diagnosed with a sprained MCL and won’t suit up against the Browns. His absence will lead to John Ross, Cody Core and Alex Erickson in 3-WR sets.
- Keenan Allen (hip) reportedly will suit up in Week 16. Mike Williams (nine targets) and Tyrell Williams (12) each received season-high targets in Week 15 when Allen was sidelined for most of the game.
- Packers running back Aaron Jones (knee, IR) will miss the remainder of the season. Jamaal Williams has received 19, 15, 25, 22 and 21 touches in his past five games with Jones sidelined.
- Todd Gurley (knee) was briefly forced out of action Sunday, but he returned to the game. He’s listed as questionable on the injury report and is a game-time decision for Week 16.
We’ll be tracking injuries and suspensions for every starter and fantasy-relevant player below, with updates until kickoff.
Daily practice participation will be included to give a clear idea of how healthy a player truly is. Official injury designations will be added once they are available, but the FantasyLabs Status will be updated throughout the week.
NFL Week 16 Fantasy Football Injuries
- DNP = Did Not Practice
- LP = Limited Practice
- FP = Full Practice