Week 13 NFL Injury Report: Melvin Gordon, More Fantasy Football Starters to Monitor
- Get the latest on all the fantasy-relevant injuries with our Week 13 NFL injury report featuring updates on Melvin Gordon (knee) and more.
- Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton (thumb) will miss the rest of the season, along with Lions wide receiver Marvin Jones (knee).
The Chargers will be without their three-down workhorse for the next few weeks. The team announced Monday that Melvin Gordon suffered a sprained MCL in his right knee during their win over the Cardinals and that his status will be evaluated week-to-week.
Gordon’s absence for their matchup against the Steelers will elevate Austin Ekeler to the starting role. Ekeler’s only two games with 15-plus touches this season were when Gordon was sidelined in Weeks 7 and 12. Ekeler played 42-of-44 (95%) snaps in Week 7, but it wouldn’t be a surprise if rookie Justin Jackson sees some extra work this time around.
The Bengals are also dealing with an injury to one of their most important players. Andy Dalton suffered a right thumb injury during their loss to the Browns and will miss the rest of the season. Jeff Driskel will start this week’s matchup against the Broncos. The team also signed Tom Savage.
Some other key injury notes from around the league:
- Other key players who will sit out the rest of the season: Lions wide receiver Marvin Jones (knee), Jaguars guard Andrew Norwell (ankle), Cardinals kicker Phil Dawson (hip) and Broncos tight end Jeff Heuerman (ribs).
- Dolphins running back Kenyan Drake (shoulder) didn’t take contact at practice this week, but he’ll suit up against the Bills.
- Leonard Fournette will serve a one-game suspension.
- Dolphins wide receiver Danny Amendola (doubtful) is dealing with a knee injury. The offense doesn’t throw the ball much anyway, but Davante Parker (shoulder, questionable), Kenny Stills, Leonte Carroo and Brice Butler could see additional targets against the Bills if Amendola is ultimately sidelined.
- Giants tight end Evan Engram (hamstring) is out.
- Colts running back Marlon Mack (concussion) is questionable. Nyheim Hines and Jordan Wilkins would form a two-back committee in Mack’s absence, with Hines working on pass downs and Wilkins likely serving as the early-down runner.
- Steelers tight end Vance McDonald (hip) is good to go.
We’ll be tracking injuries and suspensions for every starter and fantasy-relevant player below, with updates until kickoff.
Daily practice participation will be included to give a clear idea of how healthy a player truly is. Official injury designations will be added once they are available, but the FantasyLabs Status will be updated throughout the week.
NFL Week 13 Fantasy Football Injuries
- DNP = Did Not Practice
- LP = Limited Practice
- FP = Full Practice