Week 8 NFL Injury Report: Sony Michel, LeSean McCoy, More Fantasy Football Starters to Monitor
USA Today Sports. Pictured: Sony Michel, LeSean McCoy
- The Patriots' injury-riddled backfield could be without Sony Michel (knee) for New England's Monday Night Football matchup in Buffalo.
- Meanwhile, the Bills could be without LeSean McCoy (concussion) for that prime-time matchup.
The Patriots’ injury-riddled backfield could be forced to survive this week without first-round pick Sony Michel. Bill Belichick won’t reveal much about the injury, but Adam Schefter has reported that Michel isn’t thought to be dealing with an overly serious injury.
It’s unlikely the Patriots offense will ever feature a single running back for an extended period of time. Still, injuries to Michel, Jeremy Hill (knee, injured reserve) and Rex Burkhead (neck, IR) leave just James White and Kenjon Barner to share backfield duties ahead of their Week 8 matchup against the Bills.
On the other side of the ball, the Bills could be without LeSean McCoy if he’s unable to clear the concussion protocol by next Monday night. Chris Ivory out-snapped Marcus Murphy 54-18 and out-rushed him 20-8 during the Bills’ Week 3 victory over the Vikings when Shady was out with a rib injury.
Some other key injury notes from around the league:
- The Dolphins will be without receivers Albert Wilson (hip) and Kenny Stills (groin, IR) on Thursday night against the Texans. DeVante Parker (quad) is expected to play alongside Jakeem Grant and Danny Amendola.
- The Jets won’t welcome back Elijah McGuire (foot) until Week 9 at the earliest, so the absence of Bilal Powell (neck, IR) seemingly gifts Isaiah Crowell featured back duties.
- The Texans utilized a mix of tight end Jordan Thomas and running back Tyler Ervin in the slot to replace starting receiver Keke Coutee (hamstring), who reportedly isn’t expected to suit up on Thursday.
- Ryan Tannehill (shoulder) and Josh Allen (elbow) are once again sidelined, so expect more Brock Osweiler and Derek Anderson for the Dolphins and Bills, respectively.
We’ll be tracking injuries and suspensions for every starter and fantasy-relevant player below, with updates until kickoff.
Daily practice participation will be included to give a clear idea of how healthy a player truly is. Official injury designations will be added once they’re available, but the FantasyLabs Status will be updated throughout the week.
NFL Week 8 Fantasy Football Injuries
- DNP = Did Not Practice
- LP = Limited Practice
- FP = Full Practice