Week 9 NFL Injury Report: Tyreek Hill, Melvin Gordon, More Fantasy Football Starters to Monitor
- Get the latest on all the fantasy-relevant injuries with our NFL injury report, which is highlighted by Tyreek Hill (groin) and Melvin Gordon (hamstring) in Week 9.
- The statuses of Dalvin Cook (hamstring) and Theo Riddick (knee) warrant monitoring if Latavius Murray or Kerryon Johnson is on your roster.
The Chiefs will have their cheat code of a field-stretcher, as Tyreek Hill is good to go despite straining his groin in the Chiefs’ Week 8 matchup against the Broncos.
This is great news for the heath of the Chiefs offense. Overall, Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes have averaged 1.04 and 0.75 fewer yards per attempt, respectively, with Hill sidelined.
Still, another AFC West contender might not be so lucky in Week 9, as it remains to be seen whether Melvin Gordon has recovered from his hamstring injury. The Chargers had a Week 8 bye to get their stud running back healthy, but Gordon is officially questionable for Sunday.
Some other key injury notes from around the league:
- Notable receivers who aren’t guaranteed to suit up this week include: Torrey Smith (knee, out), Allen Robinson (groin, questionable), Keke Coutee (hamstring, questionable), Quincy Enunwa (ankle, questionable) and Robby Anderson (ankle, questionable).
- Dalvin Cook (hamstring, questionable) is expected to be limited to 15-20 snaps if he’s ultimately able to suit up Sunday. Theo Riddick (knee, not listed) is good to go.
- Key defenders who are battling injuries include: Xavier Rhodes (ankle, questionable), Gerald McCoy (calf, questionable), Khalil Mack (ankle, questionable) and Anthony Hitchens (ribs, questionable).
We’ll be tracking injuries and suspensions for every starter and fantasy-relevant player below, with updates until kickoff.
Daily practice participation will be included to give a clear idea of how healthy a player truly is. Official injury designations will be added once they’re available, but the FantasyLabs Status will be updated throughout the week.
NFL Week 9 Fantasy Football Injuries
- DNP = Did Not Practice
- LP = Limited Practice
- FP = Full Practice