USA Today Sports. Pictured: Travis Kelce, Alvin Kamara, JuJu Smith-Schuster
- Our experts got together with analysts across the industry for an expert fantasy mock draft.
- See the results from their 12-team PPR mock below, as well as insights on their 2019 strategies.
Fantasy football draft season is here. Are you ready?
Our in-house experts teamed up with experts from across the industry to help you get ready with a 12-team PPR mock draft.
We’ll run through the results below, but first, let’s meet our experts (by draft order):
- JJ Zachariason: JJ is the editor-in-chief at numberFire and popularized the late-round quarterback strategy.
- Rich Hribar: Rich is a fantasy football analyst at Sharp Football Analysis.
- Graham Barfield: Graham is a fantasy football analyst at NFL.com.
- Jonathan Bales: Jonathan is a co-founder of FantasyLabs, part of The Action Network.
- Davis Mattek: Davis is a fantasy football analyst at RotoExperts.
- Peter Jennings: Peter is a co-founder of FantasyLabs.
- Liz Loza: Liz is a fantasy football analyst at Yahoo! Sports.
- Sean Koerner: Sean is The Action Network’s director of predictive analytics and one of our fantasy football rankers.
- Chris Raybon: Chris is a senior editor at The Action Network and one of our fantasy football rankers.
- Ian Hartitz: Ian is an NFL and fantasy analyst for The Action Network.
- Jake Ciely: Jake is a senior fantasy writer for The Athletic.
- Matthew Freedman: Matthew is the editor-in-chief of FantasyLabs and one of our fantasy football rankers.
Since this was a 16-round draft involving 12 different experts (and their schedules), we opted for a slow draft. That means, like many real-life drafts, there were some auto-picks. (Those are denoted with asterisks below.)
It also means that with the landscape of the NFL constantly shifting, some picks had been made before relevant news — i.e. holdouts, suspensions, trades, injuries, etc. — had broken. That’s why each of the experts will recap their respective drafts and offer some insights into their strategies after we run through the results.
Now let’s dig in, starting with the first round.
Editor’s note: This story was first published before Andrew Luck announced his retirement. See how our in-house experts have adjusted their rankings for the Colts here.