James Conner Fantasy Football Rankings, 2019 Projections, Analysis, More
Credit: Philip G. Pavely-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: James Conner
- See our experts' fantasy football rankings, 2019 projections, analysis and more for Pittsburgh Steelers running back James Conner.
Conner is again positioned to thrive thanks to his large workload and status as one of the NFL’s best young backs.
His average of 4.5 yards per carry and 9.0 yards per reception in 2018 topped Le’Veon Bell’s career-average marks of 4.3 yards per rush and 8.5 yards per catch. And only Ezekiel Elliott (25.4 touches per game), Todd Gurley (22.5) and Saquon Barkley (22) received the ball on a more consistent basis than Conner did last season.
Conner does face some uncertainty in an offense that lost one of the game’s better talents at wide receiver, but it’s been awhile since we’ve seen the Steelers operate as anything other than elite. — Ian Hartitz
Note: Rankings and projections are as of July 1. For our experts’ most recent updates, check out our fantasy football tools.
2019 James Conner’s Fantasy Football Rankings
- PPR: No. 11 overall | No. 7 RB
- Half-Point PPR: No. 7 overall | No. 6 RB
- Standard: No. 7 overall | No. 6 RB
Here are our experts’ aggregate projections for top-level stats.
- Rushing: 240 carries | 1,052 yards | 11 touchdowns
- Receiving: 52 receptions | 439 yards | 1.8 touchdowns
- Rushing: 215 car | 973 yds | 74.8 yds/g | 12 TDs
- Receiving: 55 rec | 497 yds | 38.2 yds/g | 1 TDs
- Fantasy ranks: RB6 PPR | RB6 0.5 PPR | RB7 std
Note: Conner missed three regular-season games with an ankle injury.