Credit: Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Marvin Jones
- See our experts' fantasy football rankings, 2019 projections, analysis and more for Detroit Lions wide receiver Marvin Jones.
The Lions’ decision to trade Golden Tate during the 2018 season reflects their direction toward forming a run-first offense that isn’t afraid to take shots downfield. This is good news for Jones and Kenny Golladay.
Golladay is better positioned to work as the offense’s true No. 1 target, but the vast difference in current average draft position between Babytron (WR19) and Jones (WR42) doesn’t properly reflect that they’ve been interchangeable fantasy producers over the past two seasons.
- Kenny Golladay (26 games): 167 targets; 98 receptions; 1,540 yards; 8 touchdowns
- Marvin Jones (25 games): 169 targets; 96 receptions; 1,609 yards; 14 touchdowns
It helps that the biggest change under new offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell could be an added emphasis on the deep ball. — Ian Hartitz
Note: Rankings and projections are as of July 1. For our experts’ most recent updates, check out our fantasy football tools.
2019 Marvin Jones’ Fantasy Football Rankings
- PPR: No. 73 overall | No. 35 WR
- Half-Point PPR: No. 75 overall | No. 34 WR
- Standard: No. 74 overall | No. 31 WR
Here are our experts’ aggregate projections for top-level stats.
- Receiving: 56.6 receptions | 785 yards | 5.8 touchdowns
- Receiving: 35 rec | 508 yds | 56.4 yds/g | 5 TDs
- Fantasy ranks: WR62 PPR | WR60 0.5 PPR | WR56 std
Note: Jones suffered a knee injury in Week 10, sidelining him for the season. He ranked as the WR27 in PPR, WR26 in half-point PPR and WR25 in standard scoring from Weeks 1-10.