Melvin Gordon Fantasy Football Rankings, 2019 Projections, Analysis, More
Credit: Sergio Estrada-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Los Angeles Chargers running back Melvin Gordon (28) during the game against the Oakland Raiders at Oakland Coliseum.
- See our experts' fantasy football rankings, 2019 projections, analysis and more for Los Angeles Chargers running back Melvin Gordon.
Another workhorse role appears to be on the horizon for Gordon, which is good news for fantasy football investors, because all the guy does is rack up points (as long as he’s healthy enough to suit up).
Gordon joins Le’Veon Bell, Ezekiel Elliott, Todd Gurley, Saquon Barkley and Leonard Fournette as the only running backs who have averaged at least 20 touches per game since 2017. And he stands out among the second-tier fantasy RBs: Lead backs with three-down ability on above-average offenses. — Ian Hartitz
Note: Rankings and projections are as of July 1. For our experts’ most recent updates, check out our fantasy football tools.
2019 Melvin Gordon’s Fantasy Football Rankings
- PPR: No. 12 overall | No. 8 RB
- Half-Point PPR: No. 7 overall | No. 8 RB
- Standard: No. 7 overall | No. 7 RB
Here are our experts’ aggregate projections for top-level stats.
- Rushing: 225 carries | 980 yards | 8.4 touchdowns
- Receiving: 53 receptions | 462 yards | 3 touchdowns
- Rushing: 175 car | 885 yds | 73.8 yds/g | 10 TDs
- Receiving: 50 rec | 490 yds | 40.8 yds/g | 4 TDs
- Fantasy ranks: RB8 PPR | RB7 0.5 PPR | RB6 std
Note: Gordon missed Week 7 with a hamstring injury, then Weeks 13-15 with a sprained MCL.