Updated Week 17 NFL Playoff Picture, Bracket, Odds: Colts Land Final AFC Spot
Thomas J. Russo, USA Today Sports. Pictured: Andrew Luck
- The Indianapolis Colts beat the Tennessee Titans to secure the sixth and final playoff spot in the AFC.
- The Philadelphia Eagles were the other big winner of Week 17, as they landed in the postseason after beating the Redskins and the Vikings lost to the Bears.
- See the complete NFL playoff picture below, along with all the possible playoff scenarios and odds for every team to get every seed in both the AFC and NFC playoff brackets.
Welcome to Week 17.
Here’s the playoff situation entering Sunday:
- Nine of the 12 playoff spots are locked up (Chiefs, Patriots, Texans and Chargers in the AFC; Saints, Rams, Bears, Cowboys and Seahawks in the NFC).
- Six teams are vying for the remaining three spots (Ravens, Colts, Titans and Steelers in the AFC; Vikings and Eagles in the NFC).
- Three divisions are up for grabs: AFC West (Chiefs, Chargers), AFC South (Texans, Colts, Titans), and AFC North (Ravens, Steelers)
- Only one team (Saints) has clinched a first-round bye.
With plenty on the line, let’s run through all of the relevant playoff scenarios, detailing the chances of each team getting the available seeds.
Standings as of Sunday evening; odds as of Sunday morning.
Week 17 NFL Playoff Picture, Odds
Teams are ordered by the current playoff standings. Projections below are from our Bet Labs simulations, which run each team’s remaining schedule 10,000 times.
NFC Playoff Picture, Odds
The NFC playoff picture is officially set.
The Eagles’ victory over the Redskins means they’re in the playoffs after the Vikings lost to the Bears.
Everything else fell into place as expected, with the Rams, Bears, Cowboys and Seahawks getting seeds 2 through 5.
1. New Orleans Saints (13-3)
2. Los Angeles Rams (12-3)
3. Chicago Bears (12-4)
4. Dallas Cowboys (10-6)
5. Seattle Seahawks (10-6)
6. Philadelphia Eagles (9-7)
Current NFC Wild Card Bracket
- No. 6 Philadelphia Eagles at No. 3 Chicago Bears
- No. 5 Seattle Seahawks at No. 4 Dallas Cowboys
- BYES: New Orleans Saints and Los Angeles Rams
AFC Playoff Picture, Odds
The top five seeds in the AFC are locked in place.
The Chiefs landed the AFC’s No. 1 overall seed with a win over Oakland, locking the Chargers into the 5-seed.
The Patriots clinched a first-round bye by beating the Jets. The Texans are locked into the No. 3 seed after blowing out the Jaguars.
The Ravens landed the 4-seed after hanging on to beat the Browns, eliminating the Steelers.
Indianapolis secured the sixth and final playoff spot in the AFC with a win on Sunday Night Football over the Titans.
1. Kansas City Chiefs (12-4)
2. New England Patriots (11-5)
3. Houston Texans (11-5)
4. Baltimore Ravens (10-6)
5. Los Angeles Chargers (12-4)
6. Indianapolis Colts (9-6)
Current AFC Wild Card Bracket
- No. 6 Indianapolis Colts at No. 3 Houston Texans
- No. 5 Los Angeles Chargers at No. 4 Baltimore Ravens
- BYES: Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots