Rams Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Photo credit: Robert Deutsch-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Sean McVay and Jared Goff
Los Angeles Rams Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 10.5 (+130)/Under 10.5 (-150)
- Odds to win the NFC West: -175
- Odds to make the NFC Playoffs: -300
- Odds to win the NFC Championship: 5-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 12-1
The Rams are coming off an incredible season in which they started 8-0 and finished with 13 wins.
What are realistic expectations for Sean McVay, Jared Goff and the Rams in 2019?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 10.1
Half of a win is roughly worth -135 on the moneyline, so the line is pretty much right in line with my projection. I’ll be staying away.
It’s worth noting the Rams’ F grade in my Buy/Sell Rating is due to their +11 turnover margin, +1.3 wins over Pythagorean expectation, +2.5 wins added in one-score game luck, and them finishing fourth in Football Outsiders’ Adjusted Games Lost metric. To say they were a good team last year that also happened to have extreme fortune on their side is an understatement.
Since their win total is pretty sharp right now, the best way to invest against the Rams would be Week 1 against the Panthers, who — spoiler alert — have an A+ grade in my Buy/Sell grading. I have the point spread closer to a pick’em, but you can currently get the Panthers +3. Betting against them Week 1 seems like a quicker way to take advantage of the Rams’ expected regression.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 at Panthers: Rams -0.5
- Week 2 vs. Saints: Rams -3.5
- Week 3 at Browns: Rams pick’em
- Week 4 vs. Buccaneers: Rams -9.5
- Week 5 at Seahawks: Rams -1
- Week 6 vs. 49ers: Rams -7
- Week 7 at Falcons: Rams pick’em
- Week 8 vs. Bengals: Rams -8.5
- Week 10 at Steelers: Rams -0.5
- Week 11 vs. Bears: Rams -4.5
- Week 12 vs. Ravens: Rams -7
- Week 13 at Cardinals: Rams -6.5
- Week 14 vs. Seahawks: Rams -6.5
- Week 15 at Cowboys: Rams -1
- Week 16 at 49ers: Rams -2
- Week 17 vs. Cardinals: Rams -12