Saints Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Photo credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Drew Brees
New Orleans Saints Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 10.5 (+130)/Under 10.5 (-150)
- Odds to win the NFC South: -140
- Odds to make the NFC Playoffs: -330
- Odds to win the NFC Championship: 5-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 12-1
The Saints had an incredible 2018 campaign, winning 13 games and making it to the NFC Championship game.
What are realistic expectations for Drew Brees and the Saints in 2019?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 9.8
At times last season, we caught a glimpse of Drew Brees’ inevitable decline, but he also set career highs in adjusted net yards per pass attempt and completion percentage. Brees turns 41 this year, and while no one can stay elite forever, I still think he will put up a good 2019 season.
The Saints get an F grade because they benefited from good luck in nearly every metric my model looks at; most notable is their 5-1 record in one-score games last year. They are the definition of a high-ceiling/low-floor team, which is why I like Under 10.5 on a two-way bet (where a low floor helps) in addition to their Super Bowl odds at 11-1 odds (where a high ceiling helps).
I don’t think both bets will hit but I do think they act as nice insurance on one another. Surely the Saints can’t have their Super Bowl chances ruined on a freak play or non-call for the third straight season can they?
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 vs. Texans: Saints -5.5
- Week 2 at Rams: Saints +3.5
- Week 3 at Seahawks: Saints -0.5
- Week 4 vs. Cowboys: Saints -6
- Week 5 vs. Buccaneers: Saints -9
- Week 6 at Jaguars: Saints pick’em
- Week 7 at Bears: Saints +1
- Week 8 vs. Cardinals: Saints -11.5
- Week 10 vs. Falcons: Saints -5.5
- Week 11 at Buccaneers: Saints -3.5
- Week 12 vs. Panthers: Saints -5.5
- Week 13 at Falcons: Saints +0.5
- Week 14 vs. 49ers: Saints -6.5
- Week 15 vs. Colts: Saints -7.5
- Week 16 at Titans: Saints -1
- Week 17 at Panthers: Saints pick’em