Sony Michel Fantasy Football Rankings, 2019 Projections, Analysis, More
Jan 20, 2019; Kansas City, MO, USA; New England Patriots running back Sony Michel (26) scores a touchdown during the second half of the AFC Championship game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jay Biggerstaff-USA TODAY Sports
- See our experts' fantasy football rankings, 2019 projections, analysis and more for New England Patriots running back Sony Michel.
As the Patriots’ 2018 first-round pick, Michel accordingly led the New England’s committee with 209 rush attempts in just 13 games. His limited usage as a receiver (11 targets all season) isn’t ideal, but his average of 115 yards and two touchdowns per game in the playoffs proved that Patriots backs can still be fantasy-friendly assets without a major receiving role.
He’s the favorite to lead the backfield in carries again, assuming his history of knee problems doesn’t present additional issues (big assumption). — Ian Hartitz
Note: Rankings and projections are as of July 1. For our experts’ most recent updates, check out our fantasy football tools.
2019 Sony Michel’s Fantasy Football Rankings
- PPR: No. 58 overall | No. 28 RB
- Half-Point PPR: No. 50 overall | No. 25 RB
- Standard: No. 38 overall | No. 22 RB
Here are our experts’ aggregate projections for top-level stats.
- Rushing: 224 carries | 986 yards | 8.1 touchdowns
- Receiving: 12 receptions | 96 yards | 0.5 touchdowns
- Rushing: 209 car | 931 yds | 71.6 yds/g | 6 TDs
- Receiving: 7 rec | 50 yds | 3.8 yds/g | 0 TDs
- Fantasy ranks: RB35 PPR | RB28 0.5 PPR | RB25 std
Note: Michel played in only 13 regular-season games.