Todd Gurley’s Decision Not to Score Swings Bets, Fantasy Matchups Everywhere
- Todd Gurley chose not to score a touchdown late in the Week 8 NFL game between the Los Angeles Rams and Green Bay Packers.
- The decision -- which guaranteed a win for the Rams -- swung spread bets, over/under wagers and fantasy football matchups everywhere.
Let’s start here: Todd Gurley 100% did the right thing.
He guaranteed the Rams a victory by deciding to get tackled inside the 5-yard line instead of scoring late in Los Angeles’ win over Green Bay on Sunday.
But BOY did Gurley swing a whole lot of action with that decision.
Here’s what was impacted:
- Packers-Rams was the most-bet game of the Sunday afternoon slate
- The spread closed at Rams -7.5
- The Rams were leading by two points; a touchdown would’ve put them up eight
- 57% of bettors took the Packers plus the points
- The over/under closed at 57
- 56 points had been scored to that point; a TD would’ve made it 62
- 75% of bettors took the over
- Gurley had compiled 33.5 PPR fantasy points; a TD would’ve brought that total to right around 40
- Gurley was the sixth-highest-owned player in DraftKings’ Week 8 Milly Maker contest
Sooooo, to recap: You are likely overjoyed if you … bet the Packers, bet the under or were facing Gurley in your fantasy matchup.
The rest of you probably need to blow off a little steam, and this tweet from Gurley probably won’t help matters …
If you need to vent, our Bad Beat Hot Line is always open: (575) 655-0664.