NFL Wild Card Injury Report: Nick Foles, Hunter Henry, More
USA Today Sports. Pictured: Nick Foles and Hunter Henry
- Get the latest on all the fantasy-relevant injuries with our NFL Wild Card injury report featuring updates on Eagles QB Nick Foles and Chargers TE Hunter Henry.
- The Bears WR corps -- Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel and Anthony Miller -- is very banged up, while Chargers RB Melvin Gordon is expected to play.
The week started with good news for Eagles fans. Head coach Doug Pederson has already stated that Super Bowl-winning quarterback Nick Foles (bruised ribs) is good to go for Sunday’s matchup against the Bears.
Of course, it’s not ideal to be facing Khalil Mack and the league’s best defense at less than 100%.
It’s unclear if Carson Wentz will suit up and serve as an emergency backup, so second-year quarterback Nate Sudfeld could be the next-man up if Foles re-aggravates his injury at Soldier Field.
Some other key injury notes from around the league:
- Texans slot receiver Keke Coutee (hamstring) is a game-time decision, but the defense will welcome back both cornerback Johnathan Joseph (neck) and defensive tackle Brandon Dunn.
- The Colts clinched their Wild Card spot without the services of both center Ryan Kelly (neck) and safety Clayton Geathers (knee). Kelly is good to go, but Geathers is questionable.
- The Seahawks are mostly healthy with the exception of left guard J.R. Sweezy (foot, questionable).
- The Cowboys will get a boost on their defensive line from defensive tackle Tyrone Crawford (neck), but David Irving (ankle) remains sidelined.
- The Ravens are almost completely healthy with the exception of left guard Alex Lewis (shoulder), who hasn’t played since Week 13. Backup receiver Chris Moore (shoulder, hip) and slot corner Tavon Young (groin) are also questionable.
- Melvin Gordon (ankle) will play Sunday despite limping off in the fourth quarter of Week 17. Backup running back Austin Ekeler (groin) is questionable.
- Chargers tight end Hunter Henry (knee, IR) is tentatively expected to suit up Sunday against the Ravens, but he’ll be on a snap count. Henry tore his ACL during the offseason and will be making his season debut.
- The Eagles offense won’t welcome back field-stretcher Mike Wallace (ankle) this week, and the defense will continue to have to work without linebacker D.J. Alexander (hamstring) and cornerback Sidney Jones (hamstring).
- Bears receivers Allen Robinson (ribs), Taylor Gabriel (shoulder) and Anthony Miller (shoulder) are all good to go entering the Wild Card round.
- The Chicago defense also isn’t completely healthy, as safety Eddie Jackson (ankle) is questionable and outside linebacker Aaron Lynch (elbow) is doubtful.
We’ll be tracking injuries and suspensions for every starter and fantasy-relevant player below, with updates until kickoff.
Daily practice participation will be included to give a clear idea of how healthy a player truly is. Official injury designations will be added once they are available, but the FantasyLabs Status will be updated throughout the week.
NFL Wild Card Injury Report
- DNP = Did Not Practice
- LP = Limited Practice
- FP = Full Practice