On episode 37 (download here on iTunes) of the Degen and Juice podcast, ESPN’s David Purdum (@DavidPurdum) joins Collin (@_collin1) and I (@stuckey2) for the first 25 minutes to talk through all of the important angles of the Supreme Court sports betting legalization decision. A few of the topics we cover include:
- What does this mean for bettors?
- Does price really matter for all?
- Why penny slots and MLS could be the big winners
- The outlook from Vegas
- The differing league views (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, NCAA)
- Impact of taxes and potential league cuts to vig
- Offshore perspective
- Impact to local bookies
- Some state-by-state analysis
- Doomsday scenarios (what could go wrong)
Collin and I also spend the last ten minutes talking through some NHL/NBA playoffs in addition to the ACC college football futures that we bet. One might really surprise you. Thank you for listening. Cheers.