The Action Network Announces Patrick Keane as CEO
On Monday afternoon we introduced Patrick Keane, a longtime media executive, to our team as The Action Network’s new CEO, effective immediately.
He is a former board member at Bleacher Report, and was an original seed stage investor in The Action Network. Keane was Chief Marketing Officer for CBS Interactive and prior to that was the CEO of Associated Content, eventually selling the company to Yahoo. He also spent several years in sales strategy and product marketing at Google.
“I have always been excited about growing businesses with passionate audiences around a singular content vertical,” said Keane. “And right now is the opportunity for Action to establish itself as the sports betting reference brand.”
When we announced the formation of the company in October of 2017, our aim was to make sports betting accessible to the masses through the content we create and the products we build. With the repeal of the federal sports betting ban (PASPA) in May, our ambition to super-serve interested fans and the expanding, legal, sports-betting marketplace has only grown. Happily, so has our audience.
- October was our best month since launch, with 1.6M Monthly Active Users, up 77% from September and up 309% year-over-year.
- On College Football Saturdays in our app, our Saturday Active Users over our Monthly Active Users is more than 42%. (That’s a really high number for a sports app).
- Looking at who downloaded our app in August and September, 54.2% of people end up sticking with us and using the app the following month.
- Our paying subscribers are really happy, with nearly 45% of them coming back every single day in a week.
- Our users have logged nearly 21M bets in our app, including 5.6M during this football season.
- Since April, the qualified audience of our email newsletter has grown from 25,000 to 150,000.
“What appeals to me most about the job are the people who have been pushing this business forward,” said Keane. “I’ve been a user and can see that they are passionate, true believers looking to inform, innovate and improve every day.”
Patrick will be based in our midtown Manhattan office. And, please continue to spread the good word about The Action Network app by telling your friends to download, and also leave us a nice review in the app store!