Franck Fife, AFP. Pictured: Former Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane
- After three straight Champions League titles, Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane is stepping down.
- Juventus (11-4) and PSG (3-1) are the favorites for Zidane’s next landing spot.
- Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is the favorite to take over at Real Madrid.
On Thursday morning, Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane announced that he was stepping down after three consecutive Champions League titles.
Joined by club president Florentino Perez at the press conference, Zidane exclaimed, “I think this team needs to keep winning but I think after three years a change is needed, something different, a different message, different ways of going about things.”
So where will Zidane go, and who will take over at Real Madrid? Luckily Skybet has already offered odds on both:
Zinedine Zidane’s Next Job
- Juventus (11-4) are the favorites for Zidane’s next job, but Massimiliano Allegri is still the manager there.
- PSG (3-1) are next on the list, but the appointment would have to be next season since they just hired Thomas Tuchel to take over.
- The French National Team (5-1) is a very intriguing option, especially with the 2018 World Cup beginning in just over two weeks, and could be a reality if France underperforms.
- Chelsea (5-1) are still managed by Antonio Conte, but there’s speculation he’ll be out soon.
Next Manager at Real Madrid
- Less than a month ago, Arsene Wenger was 33-1 to take over at Real Madrid but he’s now the favorite at 11-8 odds.
- Current Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is next on the list at 7-2 and could be looking for a move out of the Premier League.
- Guti (6-1) has the third-best odds and is the current youth team manager at Real Madrid.
- Conte is 8-1 to make the move from Chelsea to Real Madrid, and it’d be interesting to see Zidane and him swap clubs.