Premier League Saturday: Betting Value on Chelsea-Arsenal and Two Other Matches
- Week 2 in the Premier League on Saturday is headlined by a London derby between Chelsea and Arsenal (12:30 p.m. ET, NBC).
- There has been lopsided public betting action on five clubs around the league, including Everton and Newcastle.
- I've analyzed the betting market for each matchup and pinpointed three value plays to bet.
The opening Premier League weekend was a bit of a letdown due to favorites taking care of business and the lack of any real upsets. Crystal Palace (+200 at Fulham) were the biggest underdogs to win, and all six odds-on favorites were victorious.
Saturday’s Week 2 action is headlined by Chelsea-Arsenal at Stamford Bridge. The match will kick off at 12:30 p.m. ET. Both clubs are led by new managers — Unai Emery (Arsenal) and Maurizio Sarri (Chelsea) — and oddsmakers are forecasting a high-scoring affair.
For Saturday’s Premier League action I’ve broken down all six matches and picked out three value plays.
2018-19 Season Record: 1-3-1, -0.95 units
Newcastle at Cardiff City (7:30 a.m. ET, NBCSN)
- Newcastle Moneyline Odds+151
- Cardiff City Moneyline Odds: +230
- Draw Moneyline Odds: +211
- Over/Under: 2 (o-108)
Cardiff City were poor in their road opener last weekend, but their direct, long-ball approach should suit them better at home on Saturday against Newcastle.
Historically, this is the sweet spot for a draw, and there are two very profitable Bet Labs systems pointing toward to it based on the low total of 2 goals.