FanDuel Maryland Promo Code: Offers Available in MD vs. Other States
The FanDuel promo code can differ depending on your state. But right now, in mid-January, the offers are the same — bet $5 on anything, get $150 in bonus bets.
- Signing up in Maryland: Use this link to get $150 in free bets when you bet at least $5 on any game.
- Signing up in any other state: Use this link
We’ll explain the offer below.
How FanDuel’s Maryland Promo Works
OK, let’s break this promotion down. It’s better than the $1,000 no-sweat bet because you don’t have to risk much of anything to turn the promo into a few hundred dollars.
Here’s how it works.
Getting the Free Bets
The first step is to sign up at FanDuel and make your first deposit of at least $5. Then you’ll want to place $5 on any bet — could be NBA, NFL, NHL, college football World Cup. Pretend you place $10 on Morocco to win in regulation at +500 against Portugal.
Your account will automatically be credited with $200 in free bets after the bet settles, even if it loses. If it wins, you’ll profit $50 and keep the original $10.
The $200 in free bets do expire in 14 days, so use them this weekend or shortly after so they don’t expire.
How to Use the Free Bets
Alright, let’s say Morocco wins, and you have $50 in cash in your account and $200 in free bets. Set the cash aside for now. We’ll worry about it later.
It’s time to use the free bets.
We always suggest betting on longshots when it comes to using a promotion. You make more profits over time — even if you’re winning fewer bets. It’s due to the expected value, since you don’t keep the bet stake and just keep the winnings.
So let’s say you use all $200 of your free bets Sunday on the Browns moneyling at +200 against the Bengals.
- If the Browns win, you profit $400, but you don’t keep the $200 in free bets. You’ll now have $450 in cash (Browns win + Morocco win), and the promo is effectively over.
- If the Browns lose, you’ll still have the $50 in cash from Morocco.
How FanDuel’s Offer Works in Other States
FanDuel’s offer in other states is kind of similar, but let’s cover some of the nuances.
The no-sweat bet works like this: Make your first bet up to $1,000. If it loses, you’ll get refunded in free bets up to $1,000.
Here’s an example. Say you deposit $500 and bet it all on Navy +1.5 against Army on Saturday.
- If Navy covers, you win about $450, and keep the original $500. The promo is effectively over.
- If Navy doesn’t cover, you get $500 back in free bets.
The free bets will then work like we described above — you keep the winnings if they win, but you don’t keep the initial free bet.
Signing Up For FanDuel
Signing up for FanDuel is an easy 4-step process. Follow the directions below to get your account activated and ready for betting.
Step 1. Click here to visit FanDuel. Navigate to “Bet Now” in the middle of the page, and select your state.
Step 2. Enter your details:
- Create a Secure Password
- Legal Name
Date of Birth
- Home Address
Last four digits of your SSN
Step 3. Confirm your age and eligibility (must be 21+ years old).
Step 4. You’re ready to deposit and bet!
Free Bet Rules
- Free bet credits cannot be withdrawn as cash. You can only use them to make wagers within the FanDuel platform.
- Free bet credits can and will expire if you do not use them within the allotted time (typically within 7 days of receipt).
- Free bets do not have to be used as a lump sum. In other words, players can use a portion of their free bet credit total over several bets until it is used up.
- Players will only receive the winnings from a wager that uses a free bet. You will not get the free bet stake like you would when playing with your own money.
- Free bets cannot be combined with other FanDuel promotions.