Best Online Sportsbooks & Betting Sites
Legal US Sportsbooks & Bonus Reviews for January 2022
If you are new to sports betting, you may be wondering where to start placing your wagers. Our team at Action Network has researched and reviewed a variety of sportsbooks, covering what matters most to bettors: bonuses, promotions, customer service, markets offered, fair odds, and the ease and speed of transactions. From the major books like DraftKings or FanDuel to innovative, social media-based books like PointsBet, we have the competitive insight and exclusive offers you are looking for. Read on to learn more about the best online sportsbooks.
Top Bonus & Promo Code Offers
How to Evaluate and Select a Sportsbook
Bonuses & Promotions
We took a look at sign-up offers, ongoing promotions, and the loyalty programs available from each sportsbook in legal states (e.g., Michigan or Arizona). Every book has its unique strengths: particularly compelling sign-up offers for new bettors, diverse markets and bet types, or lucrative VIP programs. We joined each book as a new user and pooled input from our team of passionate sports bettors with in-depth book experience to highlight where you can get the most from Bonuses & Promotions.
We downloaded available mobile apps for each sportsbook, completed their onboarding, and explored the app layout on mobile and mobile web. We noted any bugs or glitches experienced and compared ease-of-betting experience across books. Additionally, we performed an analysis of trends in user review data from the Apple App Store and Google Play. Trends from this research have been highlighted in our review to represent a broader audience of sports bettors and bring national user data and insight into our analysis.
Registering & Cashiering
It’s imperative to be able to trust a sportsbook with your money, and the experience of cashing in and out is a critical factor in selecting a sportsbook. The best books give various cashiering options, including credit and debit cards, PayPal, online banking, checks, and/or wire transfers. Additionally, bettors want these transactions to be fast and supported by responsive customer service. We tested each flow and available payment methods. We consider being able to cash out in under two days reasonable.
We looked into the types of bets offered (e.g., spreads, moneylines, totals) and available sports (e.g., NFL, CFB, NASCAR). Some books have more extensive sports availability and distinct bet types. Depending on your interests and preferences, there may be a collection of sportsbooks that help achieve your optimal sports betting experience, rather than just one.
We lined up each sportsbook head to head vs. direct competitors, highlighting strengths and weaknesses. Some sportsbooks may excel in certain areas, like new betting markets, while struggling with user experience. In our reviews, you’ll see how the books line up.
Betting Resources & Information
Examples of Legal Bet Types
Here are some examples of the bet types sports fans can wager on:
- Point Spreads. Spread betting is a bet on the margin of victory in a game, or the point "differential." (See: Our Guide to Point Spread Betting)
- Moneylines. Moneyline betting is when you pick the winner of the game or event, either one team or another. (More detail here: Moneylines)
- First Half & Second Half. Halves let a bettor treat the first half and the second half as separate matches. (Additional insights: Half Bets)
- Totals. A total, also known as an over/under, is a bet on the number of points both teams will combine to score in a game. (See: Understanding Totals in Sports Betting)
- Futures. Future bets are a bet on an event that will be decided in the future (e.g., end-of-season results). (More: Longer-term Betting: Futures)
- Player Props. A "prop" bet, short for a proposition, is a wager that is not directly tied to the final score or outcome. (See: Everything to Know About Prop Bets)
Mistakes to Avoid
Sports betting has a broad range of terms that may be confusing to new bettors. To help, we’ve covered commonly-used terms and strategies that you will see on this site and across sports betting in our Glossary.
Claim Bonus Offers from Other Sportsbooks
To make sure you get the best betting value, here's a list of books where you can find great live promotions: