With the Aussie Open in our rearview mirrors, we enter the “meat and potatoes” of the tennis calendar. Tuesday, we find a full slate of tennis with three tournaments underway in Montpellier, Quito, and Sofia. I’ll first give a quick review of Tuesday’s card for each tourney and then dive into the following two matches that I feel hold the most betting value.
- Facundo Bagnis -110 vs Nicolas Jarry (4:30 pm ET)
- Stefanos Tsitsipas -133 vs Jérémy Chardy (8 am ET)
As we mentioned in our weekly tournament preview guide, there is not much to see in Sofia. Tuesday’s slate looks more like a Challenger (one step below Tour level) tournament. The two large favorites — Martin Klizan (-3104) and Denis Istomin (-3085) — should both get through their first-round matches, but I see no value from a betting perspective.
Rounding out the rest of the slate, we find three “pick ’ems” in:
- Jozef Kovalik (-108) vs. Radu Albot
- Mirza Basic (-115) vs. Sergiy Stakhovsky
- Viktor Troicki (-126) vs. Ernests Gulbis