ATP Betting Value on Tuesday’s Card at Montpellier, Quito, and Sofia
With the Aussie Open in our rearview mirrors, we enter the “meat and potatoes” of the tennis calendar. Tuesday, we find a full slate of tennis with three tournaments underway in Montpellier, Quito, and Sofia. I’ll first give a quick review of Tuesday’s card for each tourney and then dive into the following two matches that I feel hold the most betting value.
- Facundo Bagnis -110 vs Nicolas Jarry (4:30 pm ET)
- Stefanos Tsitsipas -133 vs Jérémy Chardy (8 am ET)
As we mentioned in our weekly tournament preview guide, there is not much to see in Sofia. Tuesday’s slate looks more like a Challenger (one step below Tour level) tournament. The two large favorites — Martin Klizan (-3104) and Denis Istomin (-3085) — should both get through their first-round matches, but I see no value from a betting perspective.
Rounding out the rest of the slate, we find three “pick ’ems” in:
- Jozef Kovalik (-108) vs. Radu Albot
- Mirza Basic (-115) vs. Sergiy Stakhovsky
- Viktor Troicki (-126) vs. Ernests Gulbis