Sleeper.com launched in 2018 as an ad-free fantasy football hosting platform to compete with more well-known hosting sites from ESPN, Yahoo and elsewhere. Founded with the intention of providing superior social functions, the site eventually expanded to host fantasy basketball leagues, NCAA tournament pools, and League of Legends fantasy esports.
Those daily fantasy games are mainly centered around NFL football, NBA basketball and MLB baseball, and are only available for app users -- not people who interact with sleeper.com through a web browser.
Sleeper recently raised $20 million in funding in a 2020 round of funding and $40 million in 2021 to continue its expansion beyond fantasy sports into esports fantasy and more.
- Sleeper Promo Code & Registration Process
Sleeper New User Promo Key Takeaways February 23, 2024
|Sleeper Promo Code
|Bonus Offer Details
|100% match bonus up to $500
|Sleeper Legal States
|Sleeper Fantasy is legal in all states except Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Washington
|Promo Last Verified On
|February 23, 2024
Promotions for New Users
Get up to $500
When you deposit up to $500 for the first time and claim code ACTION, Sleeper will match your $500 in site credits.
Daily Sleeper Promotions
February 23, 2024
- None available at this time - please check back in later!
How to Sign Up for Sleeper
Sleeper has made it quite easy for new users to sign up and join the daily fantasy site. The Sleeper app is available for download on both the Apple and Google Play app stores.
After downloading the app, if you don’t already have an account, you will be immediately prompted to create one. Sleeper’s signup process feels a little more intuitive than some other apps because you are usually only entering one piece of information before clicking on to the next page. Here are the steps to sign up for Sleeper on their app:
- Step 1. Sleeper will ask you for your mobile phone number
- Step 2. Next, it will text you a verification code to enter
- Step 3. You'll be asked to create a username
- Step 4. Sleeper will ask you if you want to access your contacts
- They'll also provide you a link to add to your social media to invite other friends
- Step 5. Agree to the terms of service
Once you agree, you’ll be taken to a landing page where you choose how you’d like to use the app. The daily fantasy option is the “Over/Under” option.
There’s two things you need to remember with “Over/Under”:
- The “over/under” feature is only available on the app. If you want to make wagers, even if you are in a state where sleeper daily fantasy is legal, you won’t be able to do this through the sleeper.com site on a web browser.
- You won’t be able to access this section of the app if you are not in a legal state, although you don’t have to be in the same state as you were when you registered.
Sleeper Mobile App & Website Experience
Action Network has examined user reviews on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store to identify some of the most common pros and cons of Sleeper's mobile app. Below is a distilled overview of our findings.
Sleeper has a 4.7 overall rating out more than 104,000 total ratings on the Apple App store, but it’s worth noting that the overwhelming majority of the written reviews are focused on Sleeper’s quality as a fantasy hosting site.
- Visuals. Users are complimentary of the visual user experience and the social tools built into the app, in part because it fosters more collaboration between friends using the app together
- Fresh Data. Users are very happy with the always freshly updated statistics and data involved with the sports that they are playing on Sleeper
- App Issues. Some users said certain features of the app were overly complicated, and that it was susceptible to frequent bugs.
- Too Cute. Some have complained that the visuals are a little too much when using the app to try and wager.
Deposit/Withdrawal Info & Options
Before being able to place money into Sleeper, users must verify their account. Sleeper asks for their name, date-of-birth, and current address.
There are currently two ways to deposit money into your Sleeper account:
- Instant Bank Transfer
- Debit or Credit Card
When ready to withdraw, players must then verify themselves even further by providing their social security number. Sleeper says on their website that withdrawals may take up to five days to reach the user.
Sleeper Responsible Gaming Controls
Sleeper has several options for users to enact responsible gaming controls. To find them, login to the app, click on your user name at the bottom of the screen and then when you are taken to your account page, scroll down and click on the “responsible gaming” tab.
Sleeper’s responsible gaming options include:
- Limits and alerts on play: Users can set limits on the amount of their monthly deposits into accounts, the amount of money they play in total entry fees, and the number of entries players make during a given week. Additionally, Users can also set softer alerts on these parameters so they are notified when reaching these thresholds, but not restricted from surpassing them.
- Self Exclusion: Users can choose to exclude themselves from any paid entry contests on the app for a given period of time of their discretion. This will prevent users from accessing any paid entry contests, but will not restrict them from using the platform for free fantasy teams and leagues.
- Responsible gaming resources: Sleeper also includes a page listing a range of responsible gaming resources for users, including links to problem gambling hotlines in the United States and abroad and explanations of how to use limits and self exclusions.
Betting Options & Sports Market Coverage on Sleeper
While Sleeper is not a sportsbook like FanDuel or DraftKings, they do have some entertaining and rewarding daily fantasy games for users to try out. Their excellent fantasy drafts and leagues are great for users to play with friends as well. Here are some of the popular fantasy games to play on Sleeper:
The fantasy football on Sleeper has been known for utilizing next level research into their data and statistics that only help users even more. Users can also customize scoring in their leagues, chat easily with each other in the app, and watch the live updates come in immediately during matchups.
Fans of fantasy basketball have been flocking to Sleeper for the last few years thanks to their easy and professional system to play. Drafts happen daily to play fantasy basketball during the season, and updating your rosters and teams is extremely easy. They also have a "game pick mode" where users can pick a game each week for a certain player to play.
League of Legends
Fans of the popular game League of Legends can draft their dream team each week on Sleeper to try and win with their champions. Live-scoring is updated and drafts go smoothly each week. Users can also get bonuses when their picks are correct.
Bracket Mania is a way to pick and play NCAAB games on Sleeper. The app has live chat options for users to communicate with friends, always updated statistics for the games, and an easy bracket UI to make playing smooth.
Daily Fantasy Sports
Over/Under is the most popular daily fantasy game to play on Sleeper. It's easy: users pick the over/under for certain athletes stats for that date's game. You can choose from different sports like the NFL, NBA, NCAAF, and more. Users wager real money to win real money.
Other Sleeper Benefits
Sleeper Customer Service
Customer service is available through a chat function on the app. To find it, login to the app, click on your user name at the bottom of the screen, then scroll down on your user profile to the tab that says “customer support”. Users should expect a reply within 24 hours.