- Bonuses & Promotions
- Mobile App & Website
- Registering & Cashiering
- Betting Options
BetMGM is the sportsbook platform of MGM Resorts International, a major name in hospitality and gaming over the last 30 years. If you’ve been to Vegas, you’ve surely been in their casinos: MGM Grand, Bellagio at Mandalay Bay. Following the overturn of PASPA in 2018, MGM decided to expand its sports betting market share and launch in newly legal and online states: Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, New Jersey, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia. They're poised to be one of the biggest players in U.S. sports betting. BetMGM has first-rate sign-up offers, rapid payout speeds and is a highly recommended sportsbook.
BetMGM Sportsbook Sportsbook Offers
Daily Odds BoostsSee All
BetMGM Sportsbook Promo Code
BetMGM doesn’t require you to enter a promo code — just follow the link to get a risk-free bet up to $600.
BetMGM Sportsbook Promo Details
Sign up at BetMGM, deposit at least $10, and your first bet will be “risk-free” — AKA, they’ll give you money back in free bets if that first bet doesn’t win, up to $600. Note that the bonus applies to just your first bet, so if you deposit $500 but your first bet is only for $10 and loses, you’ll get back $10 in free bets.
Where You Can Use the BetMGM Sportsbook App
Sports You Can Bet on With BetMGM
NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, soccer, tennis, boxing, UFC/MMA, NASCAR, golf, college football and college basketball (except in New Jersey if you want to bet on New Jersey teams and college events held in the state) and more.
Charges to Expect From BetMGM
You will not be charged for withdrawing or depositing at BetMGM, but all sportsbooks charge “juice” or “vig” on each bet, which is 10% on standard bets.
BetMGM Sportsbook News
BetMGM Sportsbook Review Summary
Bonuses & Promotions
BetMGM has a solid sign-up offer, and it stands out particularly because of the 1x rollover, which is much lower than most legal online sportsbooks. They also stand out by offering a slew of bonuses, promotions and daily boosters so users can keep receiving value even after the initial one-time sign-up.
Mobile App & Website
BetMGM’s mobile app is user-friendly but not especially high-tech or different from the desktop website. It’s easy to navigate to sports, promotions and the betslip, but some markets, like player props, are a little more difficult to find.
Registering & Cashiering
We didn’t have any issues signing up for an account or depositing and withdrawing money. It can take a couple of days for a withdrawal request to clear, but overall the process works. BetMGM does give a variety of options to deposit and withdraw, including PayPal.
BetMGM is a large sportsbook that’s been around for a while, so it has a handle on just about any sport that’s legally available to bet on. It doesn’t open markets, so it may take longer to find a line, and some smaller markets like props can be somewhat limited.
BetMGM Sportsbook vs Other Sportsbooks
BetMGM is a big player in the market and will continue to expand to states as they legalize sports betting. The book shines in its offers and promotions, but it does have some of the higher holds among its competitors in the U.S. landscape
BetMGM Sportsbook: Mobile App Review
Bonuses & Promotions
BetMGM's bonuses and promos are top-tier.
Sign Up Offer
BetMGM has a solid sign-up offer for new users: They’ll give you a completely risk-free bet up to $600. It's pretty simple: Sign up at BetMGM either on the web or their app, deposit at least $10, and make a bet on anything you'd like. If that bet loses, you'll get free bets worth the same amount as that first wager up to $600.
A couple more details:
- The minimum deposit to qualify for the offer is $10. There’s no promo code required at BetMGM to get this offer; all you have to do is create an account and make a first deposit. Your first bet at that point will be risk-free.
- The first bet you'll make on your account will be with your deposited funds. If it loses, BetMGM will credit you with free bets worth what you wagered. That free bet amount must be used within seven days of it being added to your account.
Reminder: This offer is for your FIRST BET, so make sure you choose wisely once you sign up and take full advantage of this great new user promotion.
Mobile App & Website
BetMGM’s site isn’t as high-tech as competitors like DraftKings or PointsBet, but it gets the job done. It’s effortless to navigate to sports, and promotions and bonus offers are front and center on the main page to help users find some extra daily value.
One challenge we’ve found is that while it’s easy to navigate to sports, finding smaller markets or particularly bets within those isn’t as user-friendly. For example, NBA player props are not listed anywhere in the main or sport-specific navigation. Instead, you have to click into a specific game and then click onto a different “Player Props” page.
Once you’ve found the section you’re looking for, however, things are well-organized with easy-to-use, clean tables. It’s easy to click a bet and add it to your bet slip.
Positive App Feedback from Action & Users
- Overall flow. It’s easy to find sports and main markets, and clicking into those doesn’t take you to a whole new page to load. You can always see the main navigation, the current market and your bet slip, so it doesn’t feel like you’re lost down a rabbit hole.
- Promotions and boosts. BetMGM highlights very well its current promos and daily boosters so users can identify bets with better odds than they’ll find at other sportsbooks. The quality of its offers is also among the best in the U.S. market, both in terms of daily options plus new user promotions.
- Bet slip. It’s very easy to click a bet to add it to your slip, and within that same window, you can also see your live, open and settled bets.
Negative App Feedback from Action & Users
- Low-tech. The desktop site isn’t as sleek as BetMGM’s competitors, and its mobile app is essentially the same thing. It can sometimes be slow to load compared to other apps.
- Navigation to smaller markets. While the overall site navigation is user-friendly, it can be challenging to find the exact bet you’re looking for if it’s not a main market. Player props, for example, require several clicks and are not promoted well.
- Focus on parlays. While BetMGM does offer good promotions, it also highlights parlay opportunities that are mathematically worse bets than straight bets for users.
Registering & Cashiering
BetMGM offers various options for users to deposit funds, including debit and credit cards, prepaid cards, e-wallets and bank transfers. There have been instances reported of a declined deposit because a credit card company doesn’t allow it. In that instance, users have to use a prepaid card or a bank transfer.
Notably, no current U.S. sportsbook allows deposits or withdrawals with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, including BetMGM.
Payouts can take up to five days to be approved, although they’re usually processed sooner. Funds can be withdrawn directly into your bank account. Notably, you cannot withdraw funds onto a prepaid credit card. There are no fees to withdraw funds from BetMGM.
Creating an Account Requires
BetMGM may ask for proof of identity if it can’t verify you based on your full name, email, address and phone number. To create a BetMGM account, you will need to provide your:
|Full name||Date of birth|
|Cell phone number||Last four digits of SSN|
|Two security questions|
One of the nice things about betting with a U.S. legal book like BetMGM is you don’t have to worry about successfully withdrawing money. Each state regulates sportsbooks, so you have protection from those regulatory bodies; that same assurance doesn’t exist for offshore sportsbooks.
BetMGM has a variety of deposit and withdrawal options, including:
|Bank account||Credit card|
|Debit card||Prepaid credit card|
Almost all U.S. sportsbooks have ways to promote responsible gambling, and BetMGM is no different.
- Self-exclusion: Bettors can take a “time-out,” which either locks your betting or locks your account altogether for a specified amount of time.
- Deposit limit: Bettors can set a maximum amount they want to deposit upfront, and BetMGM won’t allow more than that.
- Loss limit: Bettors can set a limit on how much they can lose in a day, week or month; after that, they won’t be allowed to bet until the time expires.
- Session time limit: Bettors can limit the amount of time for each session or the time they’re logged in.
BetMGM Betting Options
As one of the biggest sportsbooks in the U.S., BetMGM has many available markets, including all major sports and most niche ones. Like political markets and props, some exceptions do not revolve around sporting events, but the options are vast.
Bet types available
As one of the biggest gaming entities in the U.S., BetMGM offers about every market that’s legal to offer in the states they’re located in. Here are some of the main bet types:
|First half||Second half|
One drawback is that compared to some other books in the U.S. market, BetMGM does have somewhat limited secondary markets, including game or player props. For example, DraftKings offers odds on players to make or miss the cut at PGA Tour events; BetMGM has historically not offered that market. They will sometimes offer props, but they’re more limited than other books.
Sports Markets Offered
There are other smaller markets available as well, including leagues within sports. For example, golf, you can be on the PGA Tour, European Tour, the Ryder Cup and more.
|NHL||College football||College basketball|
Sign-up offers, promos and user experience are all crucial factors in selecting a sportsbook, the most sophisticated bettors are often worried about the price.
BetMGM vs Other Sportsbooks
While sign-up offers, promos, and user experience are crucial factors in selecting a sportsbook, the most sophisticated bettors are often worried about the price. We can compare books in this regard a couple of ways:
- Juice: Also referred to as the “vig,” this is the tax a sportsbook charges for a bet. The standard odds for a spread bet is -110, which means you have to pay $110 to win $10. That extra $10 is the tax.
- Hold: Like the juice, a hold is defined as the percentage of a sportsbook for every dollar wagered. It’s a better metric to measure for moneylines, for example.
Most online U.S. books — in states where betting is entirely online and not regulated by the state lottery, at least— have standard juice on your typical bets. Take, for example, the juice on spread bets for the NFL:
There’s no major difference between sportsbooks: It is common to get -110 on both sides for both the spread and the over/under.
In terms of hold on moneylines, here’s how BetMGM has compared with other U.S. books in the past:
BetMGM, on average, hasn’t been quite as high on NFL moneylines as DraftKings, but it’s still among the highest of the main U.S. sportsbooks. While the difference might seem minuscule on the surface — and it might be for smaller, recreational bettors — the difference can add up over time.
BetMGM also offers worse odds on some smaller markets, like player props. While some books like DraftKings will offer -110 sides on those, BetMGM often offers -115 both ways. Like golf head-to-head matchups, it will even hike up the juice to -118 on both sides for some bets.
If you’re looking to bet main markets like spreads and totals for major sports, BetMGM is worth opening an account with so you can find the best price when you’re ready to make a bet. However, for smaller markets like props, BetMGM does charge a higher price, although it does try to offset that with various promotions and daily boosters.