Geoff Burke, USA Today Sports.
- The 144th running of the Preakness Stakes begins at 6:48 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Improbable is the betting favorite to win the race, but expect a few longshots to hit the board at Pimlico.
The 145th Kentucky Derby lived up to its billing as a race that any horse can win. The same can be said of the 2019 Preakness Stakes (6:48 p.m. ET, NBC) as there is no truly dominant horse in a wide-open field.
With only four horses making the trip from Churchill Downs to Pimlico, we truly have no idea what to expect in the second jewel of the Triple Crown.
Bob Baffert’s Improbable (5-2) is almost certain to go off as the favorite, but behind him are a group of six or seven horses with very little between them. Coming off a shocking win by a 65-1 longshot at the Derby, what kind of betting chaos will we see at the 2019 Preakness Stakes?
2019 Preakness Stakes Betting Picks, Analysis
- Zerillo: Power Ranking the Contenders and Pretenders at Pimlico
- BlackJack: Which Longshots Can Make Some Noise?
- Freedman: Bet Against Bodexpress in Preakness Props
- BlackJack’s Exotics: How to Get Value Out of the Preakness Favorite
- Preakness Weather Forecast: Expect a Firm Track at Pimlico
2019 Preakness Stakes Odds
No. 1: War of Will (4-1)
No. 2: Bourbon War (12-1)
No. 3: Warrior’s Charge (12-1)
No. 4: Improbable (5-2)
No. 5: Owendale (10-1)
No. 6: Market King (30-1)
No. 7: Alwaysmining (8-1)
No. 8: Signalman (30-1)
No. 9: Bodexpress (20-1)
No. 10: Everfast (50-1)
No. 11: Laughing Fox (20-1)
No. 12: Anothertwistafate (6-1)
No. 13: Win Win Win (15-1)