- The 2018-19 NBA season kicks in to full gear Wednesday night with 11 games.
- This piece will focus on props offering value for Myles Turner, Nikola Vucevic, Brook Lopez, Jrue Holiday, Luka Doncic and Devin Booker.
Prop bets can be a great way to get action on a game. Bookmakers don’t have to worry about taking a lot of action on them, so there isn’t as great an incentive to post a competitive line.
As a result, props can be some of the most exploitable bets on the board.
These props can become downright unfair when you combine them with the FantasyLabs Player Prop tool.
We leverage props from five of the most popular sportsbooks against our projections and award each prop a grade. The most exploitable props earn a Bet Quality of 10 out of 10, and those props have historically crushed during NBA season:
Wednesday’s props focus five contests:
- Charlotte Hornets vs. Milwaukee Bucks — 7 p.m. ET
- Indiana Pacers vs. Memphis Grizzlies — 7 p.m. ET
- Orlando Magic vs. Miami Heat — 7 p.m. ET
- Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Pelicans — 8 p.m. ET
- Phoenix Suns vs. Dallas Mavericks — 10:30 p.m. ET
Let’s dive into six props that I feel are offering significant value on Day 2 of the 2018-19 season.
All odds via BetOnline
Pacers PF/C Myles Turner
- The pick: Over 11.5 points (-114)
Last season was a disappointing one for Turner, who saw a decrease in statistical production virtually across the board. That said, he remains an important part of the Pacers’ future after signing a four-year extension earlier this week.
The Pacers’ frontcourt remains deep — he’ll have to share minutes with both Thaddeus Young and Domantas Sabonis — but he should still be able to improve upon his 2017-18 average of 28.2 minutes per game.
He managed to average 12.7 points per game in limited playing time last season, so he has the potential to go way above this mark if he plays 30-plus.
The guys at FantasyLabs are confident in this prop, but there definitely are scenarios in which he fails to get there. I wouldn’t feel comfortable playing it above -130.