Freedman’s Favorite NHL Prop (Feb. 11): Arbitrage Patric Hornqvist Shots
Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Patric Hornqvist
- Matthew Freedman continues his series featuring one of his favorite prop bets for each day of 2019.
- On Monday, he looks at the Flyers-Penguins game (7 p.m. ET, NBCSN) and the opportunity to arbitrage the shots on goal prop for Pittsburgh winger Patric Hornqvist.
Each day, I publish at least one quick-n’-dirty piece highlighting a favorite prop of mine. See my master list of 2019 prop bets for more information.
Also follow me in The Action Network app, where each day I post additional, official player prop picks. On Monday, we have nine-game NBA and three-game NHL slates on which we’ll want to get down more action.
2019 Year-to-Date Record
71-56-7, +17.36 Units
- NFL: 21-13-0, +11.72 Units
- NBA: 28-22-1, +4.45 Units
- NHL: 15-17-5, -0.31 Units
- Golf: 3-3-1, +0.50 Units
- NASCAR: 1-0-0. +1.10 Units
- NCAAF: 0-1-0. -1.00 Units
- Exotics: 3-0-0. +0.90 Units
Freedman’s Favorite NHL Prop (Feb. 11): Patric Hornqvist Over/Under 2.5 Shots on Goal
- Over 2.5: +105
- Under 2.5: +110
The Flyers and Penguins face off tonight (7 p.m. ET, NBCSN), and Pittsburgh winger Patric Hornqvist has caught my eye.
We have Hornqvuist projected for 2.2 shots on goal in the FantasyLabs NHL Props Tool, where the under for his prop of 2.5 is +110.
In the Props Tool, we have every prop ranked on a 1-10 scale, and the Hornqvist under has a slate-high bet quality of 10, so if you wanted to take the value that the under offers, go for it.
But in the NHL betting market I’ve also found the Hornqvist over available at +105, and I’m not above taking a little bit of free money when I can.
As long as there are plus odds on both sides of the bet, I’ll arbitrage.
The Pick: Over 2.5 (+105), Under 2.5 (+110)