The Top Skrill Online Casinos in 2023
Not all online casino users aim to use their bank accounts or PayPal to make payments and withdrawals. Another common payment and withdrawal method is Skrill, which entered the U.S. market a couple of years ago.
What is Skrill?
Skrill is a digital wallet that is among the newer options offered in the U.S market. It is headquartered in London and is a subsidiary of Paysafe, a global online payment company.
As online casino gaming continues to enter new North American markets each year, Skrill has been designed to handle your funds in over 100 countries. Additionally, Skrill offers users 45 currencies and the option of creating and managing four separate currency-specific accounts.
Skrill has become an increasingly popular payment method for online casinos in the past few years. In this review, we'll highlight the top online casinos that accept Skrill as a payment method, as well as how to sign up for Skrill payments and withdrawal and deposit methods.
Top Online Casinos That Take Skrill
Although Skrill is a growing global digital wallet option, it is only available on seven online casinos in six states:
As one of the most well-known European gaming operators, bet365 Casino is looking to earn their place in the North American online casino market.
Get up to a $1,000 deposit bonus when signing up for the first time with bet365.
Available in: NJ
As a Malta-based online casino, Betway Online Casino has entered two U.S. markets (New Jersey and Pennsylvania) with plans to expand their offerings to more states in 2023 and beyond.
No promo code is needed to qualify for a 100% deposit match on up to $1,000!
Available in: NJ, PA
betPARX Online Casino launched about three years ago and is still developing their offerings for their users. New users located in New Jersey or Pennsylvania qualify for their own state-specific promos:
ACTIONCASINO: $750 bonus plus $500 in free spins.
Available in: NJ, PA
Play Gun Lake
Play Gun Lake is a Michigan-exclusive operator that is offering up to $750 in risk-free bets and 500 free spins.
Available in: MI
Betsafe is a Norwegian operator that originally launched in 2006 and has recently entered the U.S. market.
Available in: CO
BetSaracen launched their online offerings almost a year ago
New users qualify for a 100% deposit match on up to $500.
Available in: AK (owned by Paysafe)
PokerStars has been in business for over 20 years and is a highly-recognized online casino.
Use bonus code 'STARS600' to claim a complete deposit match on up to $600.
Available in: MI, NJ, PA
How to Sign Up for Skrill
Before you begin the process of linking Skrill to your online casino account, you'll need to have a Skrill e-wallet to start with. Here is a summary of how to create your Skrill account.
- Select "register" on the top right side or bottom of the website or app.
- You will then be prompted to register your payment information. Your address, postal code, date of birth, phone number, and nationality needs to be verified before being able to fully use your Skrill account. A minimum of $10 is required to add a payment method.
Skrill Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
With Skrill, you can add funds to your account straight from Skrill's e-wallet balance. By doing this you can avoid the charges you could experience when using a credit card. You are also exempt from any possible restrictions issued by banks when using Skrill.
Here is a quick snapshot of the different Skrill deposit and withdrawal methods you can use.
- Skrill Credit or Debit Card — Exclusive Skrill card that acts just like a traditional bank card.
- Rapid Transfer — As the name suggests, this is Skrill's fastest payment method. Users can add their bank account and their account information is encrypted and never revealed when in use. Funds and payments go through instantly once your bank is verified to an automated process.
- Bank Account — Add or withdraw funds using your preferred bank account. Your Skrill wallet will receive the funds in an average of 24 to 48 hours (business days only).
- Paysafecash — Deposit or withdraw cash from partner locations found on the app.
- Paysafecard — An online option that follows a 16-digit voucher to make payments and withdrawals.
*Any withdrawal from your bank account (ACH) is subject to a $5.50 fee.
Skrill Account Levels and Fees
As a Skrill user, sending and receiving money is always free.
However, Skrill has three different account level types; Skriller, True Skriller, and VIP Skriller.
To become a True Skriller you download the app, make a $10 deposit, and complete the identity verification process.
Paysafecard and paysafecash are not eligible deposit methods for becoming a True Skriller.
Below you can see what each level of Skrill offers you:
If you are interested in applying for a Skrill Visa Prepaid Card, the application and bank withdrawal fees vary by account level type.
- Skriller — $10 application fee and $5.50 bank withdrawal fee
- True Skriller — Free application and bank withdrawals
- VIP Skriller — Free for both as well
Visa Prepaid Card Fees
- New Card Application — $10 (Skriller account users only)
- Annual — $10
- ATM — $2.50 (could vary depending on ATM or bank type)
- POS — Free
- Foreign Transaction/Exchange — Free but additional fees by banks may occur
Currency Conversion Fees
Transactions involving another currency have a non-negotiable fee of up to 3.99% taken from the exchange rate automatically.
Inactive Skrill Account Fee
Keep in mind that your Skrill account will remain active if you sign in or make any form of payment on an annual basis.
If neither choice is completed, you will be charged a monthly $5 fee.
Skrill will enter more U.S. markets as online casino gaming continues to be legalized in more states
Check back for any additional updates about Skrill, like their upcoming refer-a-friend bonus and Knect loyalty rewards.
Casino Deposit & Payment Method Resources
Before you embark on your online casino gaming journey, be sure to check out our additional resources regarding casino deposit and payment methods.