Daily Sportsbook Deals
College Football Betting Odds, News, Picks
The number of points a team is expected to win or lose by. If the Patriots are 7.5-point favorites and you bet on them, NE needs to win by 8 or more for you to win.
Where Can I Bet on College Football?
You’ve got plenty of options to bet college football if you’re in a state with legal online sports betting:
- DraftKings has been a market leader in college football props, including win totals and conference title futures. This year, DK was first to post win totals for all 130 college football teams.
- PointsBet offers a unique wagering type called points betting, where you can win more money if your bet wins easily and lose more money if your bet loses by a lot.
- FanDuel has also been a market leader in college football futures and props.
Check out our sportsbook reviews to see which books are available in your state and exclusive sign-up bonuses and promo codes.
How Can I Win Betting on College Football?
Winning at college football betting takes work, and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. But some good places to start are:
- Bet early in the week using discrepancies in our power ratings. Books release odds on Sunday night, and they’re often way off from where they end up on gameday. Use our power ratings to get ahead of the market.
- Get the best of the line. If you can find a book offering reduced juice or a book way off from the rest of the market (which you can find using our compare odds page), take advantage.
- Specialize in a conference. Know one league inside and out. Keep track of injuries and personnel changes.
What is a point spread in college football betting?
Point spreads are a bet on the margin of victory. If Alabama is -2.5 against Clemson, the Crimson Tide need to win the game by 3 points or more to “cover” the spread -- aka win the bet. If Clemson loses by 1-2 points or wins the game, anyone who bet Clemson wins their bet.
Point spreads are adjusted based on the strength of each team. Alabama may be a short favorite over Clemson and a 35-point favorite over an FCS team.
What is a Total bet in college football?
The total is a wager on the combined number of points scored in a game. You’re not trying to guess exactly -- just whether the total points go over or under a preset number.
Let’s say the total in that Alabama-Clemson game is 58. If Alabama wins 34-30, and you bet the “over”, you win because they combined for more than 58 points. If Alabama wins 34-20, and you bet the under, you win.
How do college football moneylines work?
Any wager on the moneyline is just a bet on the winner of the game, with the odds adjusted for team strength.
American moneylines are centered entirely around winning $100. So if Alabama is -150 in that game against Clemson, a $150 bet on the Tide would yield $100. If Clemson is +130, a $100 bet on Clemson would yield $130.
American odds scale up or down based on how much you want to bet, so it might be more helpful to think of them in cents instead of dollars -- $1.50 wins $1 for Alabama, $1 wins $1.30 for Clemson. You can use our odds converter to calculate moneyline winnings.