DraftKings Promo Code
DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code & Review
- Bonuses & Promotions
- Mobile App & Website
- Registering & Cashiering
- Betting Options
DraftKings is a heavyweight sportsbook with a sleek mobile interface, new live betting offerings, and industry-leading sign-up promotions for sports bettors. DraftKings also features the best overall average pricing compared to other sportsbooks across major betting and sports markets.
No DraftKings promo code is required to claim a $1,000 sign-up bonus exclusive to the Action Network.
Deposit Bonus up to $1,000
DraftKings Sportsbook Details
DraftKings Promo Code & Mobile App Key Takeaways June 2022
DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code:
DraftKings Deposit Bonus Details:
20% match worth up to $1,000
Available Legal States:
AZ, CT, CO, NH, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY
NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Soccer, Tennis, Boxing, UFC/MMA, NASCAR, Golf, College Football, College basketball
Last Verified On:
June 30, 2022
Additional DraftKings Promos This Week
MLB Risk-Free SGP
- Opt-in and place a pre-game Same Game Parlay bet on any game between 6/22 - 6/28 (minimum 3 legs)
- If your first qualifying bet after opting in loses, we will credit your bet back as a Free Bet up to $10
- One qualifying bet per user during the promotional period
- Bet must be placed using the SGP feature
- Excludes live bets, bonus bets, cash out bets, voided bets, profit boosts, and odds boosts
- Bonus Bet issued after qualifying bet settlement
MLB Parlay Bet + Get
- From 6/23 - 6/30, place MLB SGP’s or parlays and build your Boost Pack reward!
- Bet MLB SGPs and parlays during the promotion and your cumulative wager amount will earn you a profit boost pack at the end of the promotion
- See the table below for Profit Boost pack reward tiers:
- $50 of wagers earns a 20% profit boost
- $100 of wagers earns a 50% profit boost
- $200 of wagers earns a 100% profit boost
- $500 of wagers earns a 3X 100% profit boost pack
- $1000 of wagers earns a 7X 100% profit boost pack
- $1500 of wagers earns a 10X 100% profit boost pack
- You will receive only the highest profit boost pack reward you earned
- Qualifying wagers must must have minimum odds of -200 or longer ex.) -150 , +110 , +400
- Qualifying wagers must be MLB SGPs or traditional parlays consisting entirely of MLB legs
- Qualifying wagers must be placed after opting in to the promotion
- Qualifying wagers must settle before July 1, 2022 03:00 AM EST
- Your profit boosts will be issued by July 1, 2022 11:59 PM EST
- Profit boosts expire 7 days after issued
- Profit boosts will all have $50 max wager limits
- Excludes live bets, free bets, cash out bets, voided bets, profit boosts, and odds boosts
- Must be located in IN, NY, NJ, or PA
DraftKings Sportsbook Mobile App Key Takeaways:
- Available Sports: NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Soccer, Tennis, Boxing, UFC/MMA, NASCAR, Golf, College Football, College basketball
- Odds Pricing: DraftKings has the best overall pricing and an average sportsbook edge of 4.62 across all major sports. Jump ahead to see the complete comparison.
- App Experience Pros: Great discoverability, unique betting markets, and opportunities, one-stop-shop across sportsbook and DFS
- Mobile Sportsbook Cons: Less data-dense than competitors, can be "busy" at times with ads and promotions
Meet the DraftKings Sportsbook Review Team
Action Network evaluated DraftKings through in-house testing, data analysis, and input from our experienced handicappers:
The Vegas Refund is an experienced bettor with 5.2K total bets in the Action App and 82.1K app followers (As of May 2022). Favorable pick records include NFL and NCAAF.
DraftKings Promo Codes & Bonuses
No matter your expertise, sports betting can be a challenge to profit from. Savvy bettors use high-value sign-up offers, promotions, codes, and daily boosts to find +EV (expected value) opportunities. This is an area DraftKings excels in. Because of their massive user base and appetite for acquiring new customers, DraftKings offers some of the most competitive ways to boost your betting bankroll from their sign-up offers, ongoing bonuses, and loyalty promotions. Deposit bonuses vary in the amounts awarded to customers, and DK is definitely on the high side.
DraftKings Deposit Code & Sign Up Details
DraftKings is one of the best books in the industry and an easy choice for a new bettor, especially given their generous deposit bonus for new users. New users can receive a 20% first deposit match up to $1,000 when they sign up. Here are a few specific details on the deposit match bonus:
- To get the full $1,000, you must deposit $5,000 when signing up. The minimum deposit to qualify for this 20% deposit bonus is $5, but you'll want to make sure you take full advantage the first time you credit your DraftKings account.
- No promo code is needed to redeem this exclusive sign-up bonus.
How to Sign Up for DraftKings & Claim the Deposit Bonus
If DraftKings can’t verify your identity using these details, it may ask you to submit other proof of identity, like a photo of your license or passport. Generally, the verification process has been smooth in our testing. To create a DraftKings account, you must provide your:
Step 1. Click here to visit DraftKings and press on "Sign Me Up" and select your state to begin the registration process.
Step 2. Enter your details:
- Promo code (optional)
- Confirm your eligibility (Must be 18, 19 or 21 years old in select states)
- Date of Birth
- Last four digits of your SSN
- Home Address
Step 4. Confirm your location by downloading the GeoComply plugin, which is used to securely verify your location each time you use DraftKings.
Step 6. You're ready to place a bet! The DraftKings home screen will have a grid list the most relevant games from the day's sporting slate. You can filter by sport or league as you choose with the option to quickly place a bet on spreads, totals, or moneylines.
Step 7. Click the bet cell that you are interested. The bet you selected will be listed in the bet slip, but it is up to you to enter the wagering amount. A numeric keyboard default makes this easy and smooth. When you've added your desired bets, press "Place Bet" to submit your wager.
Step 8. Wait for results. If your bet loses, you'll see your account balance increase. This is visible in the upper right-hand corner of the app. If your bet loses, your account will not change as your wager amount has already been withdrawn.
If you want additional insight into responsibly managing how and how much you bet you bet, please review our sports betting mistakes to avoid.
Notable DraftKings Offerings
Daily Odds Boosts at DraftKings
DraftKings Sportsbooks offers daily odds boosts for the biggest sports. Odds boosts are enhanced odds for a given outcome that thus enhance potential winnings.
Live Betting at DraftKings Sportsbook
DraftKings Sportsbook does offer live sports betting. You can find those in-game odds here.
DraftKings Sportsbook also has a Flash Bet feature through which you can live bet play-by-play action on football, basketball, baseball and tennis.
Refunds for Scoreless EPL Matches at DraftKings Sportsbook
DraftKings Sportsbook will sometimes run a “No Goals No Problem” promotion in which the book will refund bets up to $25 if an English Premier League match ends in a 0-0 draw.
Parlay Insurance at DraftKings Sportsbook
DraftKings Sportsbook offers parlay insurance up to $25 if you ever suffer the ultimate heartbreak of having only one leg of your parlay lose.
Here’s an example of when the DraftKing Sportsbook parlay insurance would come in handy: Say you bet $100 on a three-team parlay with the Dodgers +100, Red Sox +120 and Cubs +200. If the Dodgers and Red Sox win, but the Cubs lose, you would get back $25.
DraftKings Rewards Program: Dynasty
One area that which DraftKings excels over most other sportsbooks is its rewards program. As it is called, Dynasty allows users to earn rewards known as "Crowns" with almost every bet placed. Users are automatically enrolled in the Dynasty program when creating a DraftKings account. What's best is that these Crowns can be used in many great ways to add tremendous value to the user experience. Redemption categories include:
- Free Plays - Use Crowns for bet credits to use on any wager
- Dynasty Store - Shop DraftKings merchandise, electronics, unique offerings, and more
- Travel - Book travel and vacation getaways
There's a lot to gain for users who regularly bet in DraftKings and collect Crowns. The more you bet and tier up, the more you earn! Full Dynasty Rewards program details are available here.
DraftKings Mobile App Screenshots
Search and Sport Selection
In-Game and Live Betting
NBA Player Props
DraftKings Mobile App & Website
DraftKings gives users a robust mobile app and website that does core things well for any new or experienced sports bettor. It is no surprise that DraftKings is a go-to app in the industry, and it looks to continue to expand as new states continue to legalize online sports betting.
DraftKings Mobile App Review
DraftKings has been a standard-bearer for online betting since the inception of its daily fantasy sports platform. With the learnings they have gleaned from DFS, DraftKings can boast one of the most solid overall apps in the online sports betting industry.
How Does DraftKings Mobile App Compare to Other Sportsbooks?
Our Action Network experts analyzed several vital categories that can make or break a sportsbook app:
- Usability: Ease of Logging In - Navigation - App Speed - Game Data Density - The Bet Slip
- Coverage: Flash Bet & Pools
- Pricing: By Sport Pricing
Logging in to the DraftKings Mobile App: Average
How easy is it to sign in to DraftKings?
When logging in to a sportsbook quickly is the difference between getting in a last-minute wager or not. It is crucial for apps to have a streamlined process. This is one area that DraftKings app falls short of competitors. The DraftKings app Face ID was very inconsistent throughout our team's testing process, with a fail rate of over 50%. While DraftKings was not the only sportsbook app with this issue, it is somewhat unexpected from a platform that has been around as long as it has.
Our experts experienced a minor nuisance that the DraftKings app would redirect them to a sign-up screen despite having an account and being logged in.
DraftKings Navigation: Excellent
How straightforward is finding and browsing betting markets?
The DraftKing app gives users intuitive navigation that enables bettors to easily find leagues, contests, and betting markets of interest. We evaluated navigation in two buckets: organization and in-app search.
Logging into the DraftKings app, all of the day's relevant games below their promotional carousel. A few navigation options are available near the top of the page for those looking to bet on a specific league and want to filter accordingly. The 'sticky' bottom navigation bar is another helpful tool to access live in-game action quickly, your bet slip, active promos, and another sports league filter.
One thing that our experts love about the DraftKings navigation is its double navigation bar within particular sports. The top navigation has the basic market information like game lines, player props, quarter/halves data, etc. Then within each of those options, you can select a specific market across all of the league's games on a single screen. This is an absolute game-changer for people who love to bet a particular prop or a niche market across contests. As an example, if you know you want to bet touchdown scorers anytime in all 11 NFL games on a particular Sunday, you simply have to select the touchdown market option to see every single game for the day.
DraftKings does have an in-app search that serves two main functions. It can be used to find a particular sport or league or a team or event when you’re already in that league. This is a powerful feature, but we would like to see some player functionality added to the in-app search so users can find all the props related to a specific player.
Organization Takeaway: DraftKings is a best-in-class app when it comes to navigation. FanDuel is another robust app in this area.
DraftKings App Speed: Great
How quickly does the DraftKings mobile app update and respond to input?
DraftKings is a top-tier in mobile app speed and responsiveness to user input. The navigation does not lag when switching between contests, sports, leagues, and any other screen within the app. The only feature that had any noticeable delay was the Same Game Parlay, which redirects users into a separate view from the standard sportsbook pages.
Speed Takeaway: DraftKings is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, sportsbook mobile apps in the business. Lightning-fast load screens and input response are standard throughout almost all user experience. PointsBet and FanDuel are also speedy options.
DraftKings Game Density: Great
How many games can you view odds for at once?
Data density is an essential factor for mobile sportsbook apps. Essentially, it enables users to take in more game odds at once without having to scroll or click through different screens on the app to facilitate quicker betting decisions. We tested game density using an iPhone 12 Pro to determine density rankings in the mobile view of iOS. Here is what we found:
- FanDuel - 4.5 Games
- Tied DraftKings & BetMGM - 4 Games
- Tied PointsBet & Caesars - 3 Games
DraftKings is a top competitor in its overall game density, falling only behind FanDuel.
|~4 Games||4.5 Games||4 Games||3 Games||3 Games|
Takeaway: DraftKings mobile app can display up to 4 games at once without scrolling. Only FanDuel has a slightly betting game density overall.
Bet Slip Experience: Great
How intuitive and seamless is the bet slip experience?
A solid bet slip interface and user experience are critical for a sportsbook app because if users do not submit their bets with a transaction, the operator will lose business. The bet slip is where these transactions occur, so it is crucial to get this functionality right. DraftKings provides a strong bet slip experience with a clean interface and mostly seamless functionality. Here are some of our major takeaways from the DraftKings bet slip:
- Good density. The bet slip can fit five bets in a single view.
- The bet slip is a half-screen takeover, which is nice because you can easily click out of this to add more wagers.
- The parlay option at the bottom of the bet slip allows users to easily create parlays from all of their selections, or they can bet them straight as individual wagers all from the same screen.
- Same Game Parlays is a missing feature within the bet slip. DraftKings requires users to add SGP all as one bet to the slip. You can't add or remove wagers from a Same Game Parlay within the slip itself, which is frustrating if you are experimenting with different options.
- The payout calculations include the original stake into your winnings, which we find deceptive. For example a bet of $100 could be listed as a payout of $190 in DraftKings, but only $90 of the winnings is profit while the rest is just the original stake.
- DraftKings automatically includes a Round Robin option in the bet slip when a users adds three or more bets into their slip.
- The "X" used to delete bets from the slip is small, so it can be hard to hit correctly. Users can also swipe left to delete a bet from the slip if they find it more accessible.
In addition to the bet slip, DraftKings also has a "My Bets" feature. Here, users can track all bets or filter by their open bets, settled bets, won bets, or lost bets. This is a great way to track betting data over time.
Bet slip Takeaway: DraftKings has one of the better bet slip experiences across sportsbooks. It is in the upper echelon of bet slips alongside Caesars and FoxBET.
Mobile Sportsbook App Usability Comparison Summary
|Selection Criteria||Best In Category|
|Ease of Logging in||Caesars, bet365, theScore|
|Speed||PointsBet, FanDuel, DraftKings|
|Game Density||FanDuel, BetMGM, DraftKings|
|Bet slip||Caesars, FoxBET|
Skip ahead to see how the big brand sportsbook compares pricing-wise.
Customer Feedback on DraftKings Mobile App
In addition to our experts' analysis, we have distilled what is available in the Apple App Store and Google Play to provide a broader sample size for this DraftKings assessment. Here are the advantages and challenges that the users have shared about their experiences using the DraftKings mobile app:
DraftKings Sportsbook Reviews in the Apple App Store
#7 in Sports - 4.8/5 Stars - 320.6K Ratings (June 2022) - Download at Apple App Store
|iOS User Positives||iOS User Negatives|
Sleek Layout: Users love the dark background that helps highlight the green-colored odds and numbers that matter most. The quick links scroll near the top of the app, giving users easy access to the sports they are looking for.
Customer Support: Whether it’s on the website, app, or with a representative, users have had problems with the support team.
Beginner's Friend: New/novice users seem to have an easy time navigating through the app, placing bets, and keeping track of everything in their accounts. The non-stop promotions also keep users energized and engaged.
Deposits: Users have found it hard to get money into their DraftKings accounts and therefore can’t bet on games. This can be incredibly frustrating when trying to place a last-second bet.
Partnerships: Users like knowing that they’re using a legitimate/high-end app -- considering DraftKings is an official sports betting partner of the NFL.
Withdrawal Process: Some users have complained about being unable to withdraw money into the same bank account they had previously deposited money from -- need to use PayPal to receive cash quickly.
DraftKings Sportsbook Reviews in the Google Play/Android Store
4.4/5 Stars - 19.4K Ratings (June 2022) - Download at Google Play Store
|Android User Positives||Android User Negatives|
Navigation: No matter the OS, DraftKings users have an easy time navigating the app and placing bets. That sleek black and green font will look good on any platform.
Customer Service Shortfalls: Android users report having to email customer service and not seeing a phone number to call for help.
Promotions Galore: Daily promos and boosts have DraftKings atop the sports betting landscape.
More Bugs: Whereas iOS users typically have a more fluid time on DraftKings, Android users appear to be dealing with more bugs and glitches in the app.
|Alternate Lines: Many users enjoyed the ability to shop alternate lines to various contests to get the best chance to cash in.||
Location Issues: The location problems also seem to be worse on Android versus iOS, with more Android users complaining about the situation.
Web Experience at DraftKings
The DraftKings desktop experience is very similar to the mobile version. With years of experience as a daily fantasy sports site, this is a platform that provides a solid user experience. Here are a few of the desktop site highlights:
- Easy to navigate and quickly find the sport and bets you are looking for.
- DraftKings routinely highlights daily promotions and odds boosts on the home page, which is impossible to miss.
- A user-friendly bet slip makes placing wagers seamless.
Our experts noted that like the mobile app, the desktop is only available in a dark mode layout. This may not be preferable to all users.
Funding & Withdrawing at DraftKings
Legal U.S. sportsbooks haven’t had the most straightforward time with registrations and deposits due to state-by-state restrictions. FanDuel and William Hill, for example, make some users purchase an eCredit of sorts, which your bank can flag as fraudulent.
DraftKings isn’t perfect on this front, but it’s among the best sports betting industry. Depositing is seamless, and payouts are reasonably quick — in the dozen payout requests we filed in our app testing for this review, each came in below a three-day window.
DraftKings Deposit & Payout Options
Depositing and withdrawing funds from DraftKings is made simple by their variety of available methods. Whether users prefer to use online banking or more niche options, DraftKings has you covered. Here are all the ways to deposit and withdraw from DraftKings:
- Online Banking: Online banking allows customers to choose an amount to deposit and then authorize the transaction by logging in to their bank account using their existing online banking credentials. This is the DraftKings recommended method.
- PayPal: PayPal is an e-wallet that customers can use to send money and receive withdrawals while protecting their private information. Some bettors may find PayPal especially useful for keeping their betting bankrolls separate from their other money.
- Credit or Debit Card: DraftKings accepts Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
- Electronic Gift Cards: DraftKings accepts Visa, MasterCard, or Discover gift cards. Users can also redeem DraftKings gift cards for depositing funds as well.
- eCheck: This option is only available through VIP preferred accounts.
- Cash: Cash is only an option via barcode at participating retail locations or in-person via participating cage locations.
- Prepaid DraftKings Card (Play+): This option is available through Play+ accounts.
Minimum Deposit Amount
DraftKings has set a $5 minimum deposit amount regardless of the deposit method.
Fastest Withdrawal Method
Users at an in-person location can receive their winnings in real-time. For online bettors, PayPal or Play+ are the fastest payout methods.
DraftKings Payout Speed
DraftKings payout times were average in our testing--generally, a couple of days before money cleared our accounts. Nothing outstanding, but not slow either.
One of the most significant advantages of betting legally with sportsbooks like DraftKings is worry-free payouts. You know you’ll get any money owed returned, and your bankroll funds are secured because sportsbooks like DraftKings must set up a liability fund that operates separately from their expenses. Each state regulates sportsbooks, so you have protection from those regulatory bodies; that same assurance doesn't exist for offshore sportsbooks. This way, no matter the business outcomes DraftKings are experiencing, your money is secure. Offshore books cannot promise the same security.
DraftKings Spending Controls
Most legal sportsbooks have self-imposed limiting controls, and DraftKings is no different. DraftKings has brought on an Academic Executive advisor to encourage responsible gaming practices as the sportsbook grows, as well as built-in product features to allow users to set and fine-tune healthy boundaries for themselves:
These are effective ways to stop yourself from betting too much if it’s becoming a problem or being proactive about setting healthy limits for yourself. We recommend configuring whatever setup helps you maintain responsible boundaries and educating yourself. The controls DraftKings offers include:
- Player limits: Limit your deposits by day, week, or month of the year.
- Self-exclusion: Ban yourself from using the app for a set period.
- Cool off: Prevent yourself from depositing or placing bets for a set period while accessing the app.
In addition to the DraftKings-provided resources, the Action Network has developed bankroll management educational materials to help ensure bettors have fun and establish sustainable behavior.
DraftKings vs. Other Sportsbooks
While sign-up offers, promos, and user experience are crucial factors in selecting a sportsbook, the most sophisticated bettors are often worried about the price. We can compare books in this regard in a couple of ways:
By Sport Pricing Comparison: DraftKings vs. Caesars vs. FanDuel vs. BetMGM vs. PointsBet
As part of being a savvy sports bettor, line shopping across books is a valuable process to engage in. We've made some of these comparisons for you to help illustrate the value of line shopping, and the best sportsbook for different bet types and sports, on average.
Sportsbook Pricing Analysis parameters:
- Data collected from 1/1/2021-4/1/2022
- Used closing odds (the odds 30 minutes before game-time) in calculations
- Each data point is the average book-edge for the month
- Each # is represented as a percent of the book's edge
The book with the lowest average book edge is considered to have the best price.
Best Pricing: Sportsbook Edge Averages by Sport (All Markets)
- DraftKings has the best total overall pricing despite not outperforming other sportsbooks in any single sport
- Caesars leads pricing in NFL, MLB, NCAAF, and NCAAB odds
- BetMGM excelled with NBA pricing, whereas DraftKings was middle of the pack
- FanDuel priced in bettors' favor with College Basketball, while DraftKings was tied
- PointsBet was the least favorable total pricing market for bettors overall
Pricing Summary for Specific Markets:
- DraftKings Moneylines: Overall, DraftKings offers the second-best average pricing across sports markets (4.31) for moneyline bets, trailing only behind Caesars (4.03). Despite having the second-best average pricing, DraftKings does not outperform competitors in any one sports market.
- DraftKings Spreads: If you like betting the spread, look no further than DraftKings, as they offer the overall best pricing across all major sports markets (4.69). In addition to featuring the best overall pricing, DraftKings particularly excels in NCAAB spread bets (4.72). Caesars offers the best spread pricing for MLB (4.06) and NCAAF (4.67), while PointsBet has the best NFL spreads (4.16), and BetMGM owns the best NBA pricing (4.71).
- DraftKing Totals: DraftKings falls more to the middle of the pack with its overall totals pricing (4.85). However, it owns the best totals pricing options for NCAAB (4.70). BetMGM features the best overall pricing across markets for totals at 4.81.
How Much Does "Sportsbook Pricing" Matter?
These pricing differences are most apparent when the moneylines get bigger. For example, FanDuel may have something like this:
- Rams -200
- Bengals +160
Meanwhile, Caesars might have:
- Rams -205
- Bengals +175
Even though DraftKings has a slightly worse price on the Rams, it has a much better price on the Bengals, and overall there's less vig on this market than at FanDuel. Over hundreds of bets that starts to add up. Whereas DraftKings may charge a little more on major sports for moneylines, they are more standard across the board, allowing bettors of more niche sports to find value. They also often offer a more comprehensive range of bets than other U.S. books.
One thing that DraftKings offers that our experts did not see across any other sportsbook is a social feature. DraftKings Social allows users to Friend or Follow other users within the app. Friending another user subscribes you to see the other person's bets, contests, and more within the app. The other user must approve this request. Following someone else allows you only to see what they post publicly.
Essentially, DraftKings is trying to create an in-app community similar to a social media network. While our experts saw this as a neat add-on, it does not do much to enhance the betting experience. Our thought was that DraftKings Social could be valuable to follow those big-time bettors to track their action and potentially follow suit. Otherwise, this is simply a fun gimmick.
DraftKings Betting Options And Sports Market Coverage
DraftKings is a market leader in setting odds and offering unique bets. They are often first-to-market, including on NFL props, college football futures, and matchups for golf. Of legal options, they're leading the way. Whatever you could think to bet on, DraftKings likely has odds for you.
Sports Markets Offered
DraftKings is a great place to check first on odds for any event. Not only are DraftKings one of the first to publish their odds, but they will be competitive across all major sportbook options. Take a look at all that DraftKings has to offer:
- Football (NFL, NCAAF, CFL, USFL)
- Basketball (NBA, WNBA, NCAAB, International Leagues)
- Baseball (MLB, NCAA, KBO, NPB, CPBL)
- Hockey (NHL, IIHF World Championship, NLA)
- Soccer (MLS, Premier League, World Cup, Champions League, Europa League, International Leagues)
- Golf (PGA, Individual Tournaments)
- Tennis (ATP, ITF)
- Lacrosse (Premier League Lacrosse, National Lacrosse League)
- Cycling (Tour de France, Giro d'Italia)
- Darts (Premier League, PDC World Championship)
- Table Tennis (TT Elite Series)
- Aussie Rules (AFL)
- Rugby (NRL, Super League, World Cup)
- Fighting (MMA, Boxing)
- Motorsport (F1, NASCAR, IndyCar Series)
In addition to pregame bets, DraftKings also offers live wagering on many sports listed. There are tons of other bet types within each sport, from prop bets, alternate lines on spreads, in-game opportunities, and more.
DraftKings Bet Types Available
DraftKings is among the leaders in the U.S. for original bet types. You can find a bevy of player props available for football, matchups for golf, finishing position markets for NASCAR, and much more that you can’t find anywhere else in the U.S.
In addition to all the popular, standard bets you can get at any sportsbook — point spreads, totals, moneyline, first half derivatives, etc. These include:
|DraftKings App Screenshot||Bet Type & Example|
Point Spreads: Spread betting is a bet on the margin of victory (the # of points won) in a game. This is a screenshot of a spread bet located in the "Popular" bet type tab.
Milwaukee Bucks are -12 over the Bulls in a Point Spread at DraftKings
Moneyline: Moneyline betting is when you pick the outright winner of a game or event. In this case, the Bulls or Bucks
Bucks are the favorite at -900 to the underdog Bulls at +600
Totals: Totals, also known as an over/under, are bets on the number of points both teams will combine to score in a game.
Pick either "Over" or "Under" 217.5 for the upcoming Bulls vs. Bucks match up
|Half Bets: Half-bets or Quarter bets let a bettor treat the first and second half as separate matches. Downloading our app can help you do this with ease.
Moneyline, Spread, and Total bets are shown for just the 1st Half of the Bucks/Bulls game under the "Quarter and/or Halves" tab
|Prop Bets: Short for a proposition, Prop bets wager that is not directly tied to the final score or outcome.
Player props for individual players to score the first field goal in the Bucks/Bulls game are listed under "Player Props" in the top in-game navigation
|Futures bets: Futures bets are bets on an event that will be decided in the future (e.g., end-of-season results).
DraftKings lists the Golden State Warriors as favorites to win the NBA Finals at +300
These are just some of the standard bet-type options available on DraftKings. In addition to these traditional bets, DraftKings also offers a few featured betting options unique to their sportsbook.
DraftKings Featured Bet Types
DraftKings is changing the game regarding live in-game betting with Flash Bet. Flash Betting is designed to provide users with an instantaneous result as play happens within a contest. For example, we could bet who will score the next basket in an NBA game. Our bet will either win or lose as soon as the next basket is made. Flash Bet may not be available for every contest, but for those users looking for some quick-play action, this is definitely the way to go.
Takeaway: Flash Bet is a unique feature to DraftKings that allows users to take live in-game betting to a new level. Instantaneous results and payouts get bettors into the action like never before with any sportsbook app.
DraftKings has created a functionality where users can enter Pools for a fixed price point entry. Wagers are placed against other DraftKings users in the same pool for a specific event. Users compete against each other to win the pool based on the event. The total payout is determined by how many other players are in the pool and the price point set to enter. In many cases, a Pool could feature multiple, or tiered, winners so that prize money will be divided according to the Pool's setup.
There are a variety of Pool types that users can create and enter. Here's a list of the options to look out for:
- Pick 'Em
Pools can also be structured in a variety of ways so that no one Pool may be like another, even for the same event:
- Guaranteed (Fixed Price or Fixed Number of Entries)
- Pari-Mutual with Rollovers (Growing Prize Pool that allows winnings to roll over to the closest player should no one fully meet the winning criteria)
- Pari-Mutual Guaranteed (Growing Prize Pool with a guaranteed winner(s))
Takeaway: Pools are a unique and fun way for users to compete against other DraftKings users rather than betting against the book itself. This is akin to some of fantasy roots that DraftKings is known for, and is a welcome twist to many who use the platform.
MLB Game Odds: New York Yankees vs Houston Astros
Below is a selection of odds for the upcoming MLB game: Updated June 30, 2022 - Odds Provided by DraftKings - Subject to Change
Over 8 (-105)
Under 8 (-115)
DraftKings Futures Odds
Here are the MLB futures odds offered by DraftKings Sportsbook: Updated June 30, 2022 - Odds Provided by DraftKings - Subject to Change
|2021/2022 MLB Team||DraftKings Futures Odds|
|TOR Blue Jays||+1200|
More Reading on DraftKings
DraftKings Canada Update
The giant in DFS and sports betting throughout the US is also expected to enter the Canadian market. DraftKings recently expanded its agreements with the NFL, part of which increases its access to offer DFS in Canada. That undoubtedly would lead to sports betting if available.
With an existing solid user base for DFS games in Ontario, we expect DraftKings to be one of the more successful sportsbooks in the region.
DraftKings Canada Expected Launch Date: Q1/Q2 2022
DraftKings New York LIVE
DraftKings recently became an official co-partner of the NBA (with FanDuel) to provide odds, featured games, and highlights through existing NBA social media platforms. Since DraftKings is also the official DFS partner of the NFL, expect them to offer exciting promos for the NFL and NBA as New York online sports betting gains momentum.
DraftKings New York Launch Date: January 8, 2022
Informed Onboarding and Bettor Education
DraftKings offers a "Quick Start Guide" that covers fundamental betting basics for their users: understanding odds, placing a bet, live betting, and a rich glossary resource of betting terminology (e.g., American Odds, bet slip, etc.) and sporting terminology (e.g., Ace, buzzer-beater, etc.) as it relates to their app.
They also offer more in-depth, sport-specific guides with tips and insights for each:
Additionally, if DraftKings had outlined sport-by-sport rules, users would have questions.
To help protect sportsbook users, DraftKings has opt-in “strong authentication” that triggers a text message containing a temporary six-digit code that must be entered on any login attempt.
DraftKings VIP Program is a by-invitation-only initiative that rewards loyal sports bettors. VIPs have reported an alternate (re: extra-responsive) email address for support issues, offers to exclusive freerolls, and sometimes, even real-time sporting event invitations.
- PGA Tour Official Betting Operator
- Premier Lacrosse League Sports Betting Partnership for PLL Championship Series
DraftKings was initially founded in 2012 by Jason Robins (now CEO), Paul Liberman (COO) and Matt Kalish (CRO) in Boston, Massachusetts, as a daily fantasy sports site and provider. In just two short years, they were the second-largest DFS operator in the market.
With that large user base, the company was primed to jump into the sports betting scene when the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) was overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court in 2018, allowing individual states to legalize and regular sports betting.
DraftKings jumped into the sports betting waters, launching its first online sportsbook in New Jersey in August 2018. Since then, the company has launched in Arizona, Connecticut, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming. They also have retail-only casino locations in Mississippi as online betting is not yet allowed in that state.
DraftKings, which is still headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, is now one of the biggest gaming companies in the U.S. They’ve launched books in every state where online betting is legal. They will likely be one of the first to launch when every other subsequent state comes online.
All you need to do to redeem the $1,000 sign-up bonus for Action Network users is click this link.
The deposit bonus is a 20% match worth up to $1,000. So if you deposit $100, you would earn a $20 bonus. To earn the max of $1,000, you would have to deposit $5,000.
DraftKings Sportsbook is legal in the following states (as of January 2022):
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
Mobile sports betting is legal and available on DraftKings Sportsbook in all 15 of those states.
Yes, you can transfer money from your DraftKings Daily Fantasy account to your DraftKings Sportsbook account — but only winnings. Basically, you can’t just deposit $100 to your DFS account then transfer it or access it through your sportsbook account without first using it to play in DFS contests.
You can make a deposit with various payment methods, including:
- Debit cards
- Credit cards
- Wire transfer
Yes, DraftKings is legit. Since it is legally operated in the states that allow sports betting, you don’t have to worry about being scammed as it is regulated and must pay out all winning bets.
A free bet at DraftKings means you can place a bet at the book’s expense. So for example, if you place a $25 free bet on the Patriots as a -300 moneyline favorite against the Jets and the payout is $100, you would receive the $75 profit if it wins without risking your own $25.
Claim Bonus Offers from Other Sportsbooks
To make sure you get the best betting value, here are additional sportsbooks where you can find great live promotions:
BetMGM Bonus Code | PointsBet Promo Code | Caesars Promo Code | WynnBET Promo Code | FanDuel Promo Code | BetRivers Promo Code | betPARX Promo Code | Unibet Promo Code | PrizePicks Promo Code | bet365 Bonus Code | theScore Bet Promo Code | fubo Promo Code | Betfred Promo Code | SI Sportsbook Promo Code | Play Gun Lake Promo Code | SugarHouse Promo Code