LOL Betting Odds Picks: Best Bets for DragonX vs. T1, Team WE vs. eStar Gaming (April 22)
Borja B. Hojas/Getty Images
Wednesday morning is shaping up to be a doozy as we have our first taste of LPL playoff action in China as well as the third round of the LCK’s gauntlet playoff.
LOL Champions Korea (LCK) – Playoff Betting Picks
No. 3 DragonX (+206) vs No. 2 T1 (-278)
- Kill Spread: T1 -5.5
- Kill Total: 21.5
- Time: Wednesday, 4 a.m. ET
- Favorites are 62-30, 34-58 against the map spread in the LCK this season
- T1 are 11-4, 9-6 ATS as favorites this season
- T1 are 3-2, 2-3 ATS in their past five appearances as underdogs
- DragonX are 1-2, 2-1 ATS in their three appearances as underdogs this season
- T1 won both meetings during the regular season 2-1 and 2-0
The top of the food chain in the LCK has remained the same the entire Spring season with Gen.G, T1 and DragonX outclassing the field by a wide margin.
T1 hold the regular season “series” lead on the top dogs winning all four of their bouts against DragonX and Gen.G. For that reason, and with all three teams neck-and-neck in game differential and win percentage, it’s reasonable to expect T1 to be the favorites especially given the extra time to prepare and film advantage granted by seeing DragonX’s previous series against DAMWON Gaming.
When breaking down a best-of-5 series I like to start first at the ground level. Economy. It’s simple. Teams that can consistently gain economic advantages are in better positions to win. I’m comparing all three of the elite teams against each other even though only two are playing here to illustrate how evenly matched they are.
- Gold Per Minute: DragonX (1826), Gen.G (1791), T1 (1790)
- Gold Differential per minute: DragonX (+167), Gen.G (+161), T1 (+131)
- Gold Differential at 15 minutes: DragonX (+1434), Gen.G (+1203), T1 (+342)
- CS (creep score or farm) per minute:DragonX (34.2), T1 (34.0), Gen.G (33.1)
- Gold Percent Rating (GPR): DragonX (+1.08%), Gen.G (+0.93%), T1 (+0.34%)
These teams are all world-class in measurable statistics but DragonX actually stand out in a few categories. In my article on the matchup between DAMWON Gaming and DragonX I drew attention to DragonX’s impressive economy numbers and that’s no different in this position. They lead the pack in virtually economic statistic we have in League of Legends.