LOL Betting Odds & Picks: Best Bets for LCK Spring Finals, LPL Quarterfinals (April 25)
Timo Verdeil/ESPAT Media via Getty Images. Pictured: Crowd of fans witnessing the LCK Spring Finals at LoL Park in 2019.
Saturday morning brings us two competitive playoff matches in the East. The top two seeds will battle it out at South Korea’s LOL Park in Seoul in the first games played in the stadium since March 6.
We’ll also get our second quarterfinal matchup in the LPL featuring 2019 World Champions FunPlus Phoenix.
LOL Champions Korea (LCK) — Grand Finals Betting Picks
No. 2 T1 (-156) vs. No. 1 Gen.G eSports (+122)
- Kill Spread: T1 -3.5
- Kill Total: 20.5
- Time: Saturday, 4 a.m. ET
- Favorites are 85-53, 54-74 against the map spread in the LCK this season
- T1 are 12-4, 10-6 ATS as favorites
- T1 are 3-2, 3-2 in their past five appearances as favorites (both losses were 0-2 sweeps)
- Gen.G have not been underdogs at all this season
- As favorites, Gen.G are 14-4, 9-9 ATS
- Of their four losses, three were against the other elite teams (DragonX and T1)
- Gen.G lost their final four matches ATS
- T1 won both regular season matches 2-1
Gen.G were the pre-season favorites at +160 to win the Spring title. They’ve been betting favorites in every single match they’ve played including both against T1. Their 31-13 (70%) game record earned them the No. 1 seed by two games over T1.
Now they’re underdogs in the grand finals.
To say this is uncharted territory would be inaccurate. Just last season, in the 2019 Summer finals, SK Telecom, entered the finals as the No. 4 seed against top seeded Griffin as -167 favorites. The No. 1 seed has won six of the past 10 season championship matches in the LCK. The No. 2 seed has won twice.
The LCK’s gauntlet playoff format creates a lot of intriguing situations and has made it very interesting to handicap over the years. In theory, the top seeded team has the advantage of preparation time not just because of the time off but because of the edge that can be gained by watching film from the series leading up to finals.