WNBA Betting Tip: A Profitable Moneyline Strategy for Wednesday’s Games
Brad Mills-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Seattle Storm forward Natasha Howard
- The betting lines are on the move for Wednesday's WNBA slate.
- Using Bet Labs, we share a profitable moneyline system that exploits the line movement and applies to today's games.
Lines for Wednesday’s WNBA slate hit the market at 10 a.m. ET, but it didn’t take long before oddsmakers adjusted the numbers:
- Chicago Sky (-7.5 to -7) vs. Atlanta Dream (12 p.m. ET)
- Phoenix Mercury (-8 to -7.5) vs. Dallas Wings (3:30 p.m. ET, NBATV)
- Minnesota Lynx (-5.5 to -5) vs. Seattle Storm (8 p.m. ET, NBATV)
The WNBA is not a heavily-bet market. When the lines move, it is generally because of sharp action. Therefore, it has been profitable to follow the line movement when betting on the moneyline, especially with underdogs.
Since 2005, moneyline underdogs have gone 323-605 (34.8%) straight-up when the line moves in their direction (think +5 to +4) according to Bet Labs. But don’t let the losing record fool you. Since we’re betting on underdogs, a $100 bettor would have returned a profit of $10,699 following this strategy.
As it stands, smart money appears to be on the Dream, Wings and Storm as underdogs. Historically it has been profitable to side with the sharps and bet these teams to win outright.
Another pro tip: wait to place your bet. Since the WNBA is a smaller market, lines can fluctuate dramatically throughout the day. It is best to place your wager as close to tip-off as possible to ensure that the team you are betting on is still a match for this system.
Be sure to check our WNBA live odds page for updated line movement and betting percentages.