NASCAR South Point 400 Odds, Picks: 3 Playoff Drivers to Bet
Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver Brad Keselowski (2) at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- The NACAR playoffs begin this Sunday with the South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (7 p.m. ET, NBC
- Nick Giffen breaks down his three favorite bets for the weekend's race.
The playoffs for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) kick off this weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). It’s important to understand track history when looking to bet outright winners, and Las Vegas offers a very consistent body of work.
Each of the eight races during the Gen-6 car era have been won by top-tier drivers.
- 2013: Matt Kenseth (Toyota)
- 2014: Brad Keselowski (Ford)
- 2015: Kevin Harvick (Chevy)
- 2016: Brad Keselowski (Ford)
- 2017: Martin Truex Jr. (Toyota)
- 2018: Kevin Harvick (Ford), Brad Keselowski (Ford)
- 2019: Joey Logano (Ford)
With this consistent history, the plan of attack is to find value in the upper echelon of drivers, and one or two longer shots that have the ability to run like top-tier drivers.
There’s also an ample amount of data from 1.5-mile tracks this year.