Brad Penner, USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: New York Red Bulls goalkeeper Ryan Meara (18) colliding with Philadelphia Union defender Auston Trusty (26)
There are just two more weeks until the start of the 2018 World Cup, which will include about 15 MLS players (final rosters due on June 4). Until then, there’s plenty of league action, including 11 matches on the slate for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
All of the intriguing matchups fall on Saturday, including:
- LA Galaxy at Portland Timbers (5 p.m. ET)
- Orlando City at New York City FC (7:30 p.m. ET)
- New York Red Bulls at New England Revolution (7:30 p.m. ET)
- Philadelphia Union at Atlanta United (7:30 p.m. ET)
- LA FC at FC Dallas (8 p.m. ET)
The weekend begins with Colorado hosting Vancouver on Friday night (9 p.m. ET), and wraps up on Sunday with Sporting Kansas City taking on Minnesota United (8:30 p.m. ET).
I’ve picked out two plays offering value (Season Record: 29-28-2, +20.41 units, 36% ROI) and have also offered thoughts on each of the other nine matches.