Darren Yamashita-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Christian Yelich and Jesus Aguilar
- Wiseguys are back to the grind and have gotten down on 3 MLB games tonight, headlined by Astros-Reds (7:10 p.m. ET).
- Sharps are also betting Phillies-Nationals (7:05 p.m. ET) and Brewers-Padres (10:10 p.m. ET).
- Using the tools available at Sports Insights and The Action Network. we analyze how pros are betting each game.
The weekend is over and it’s back to grind for sharps and squares alike. Hockey and basketball have come to an end (aside from the WNBA) and we are officially entering the dog days of summer. Many consider this time of year “Gambler’s Vacation,” where bettors take time off to rest, rejuvenate and prepare for the upcoming football season.
But there are no days off for the die-hard MLB grinders. If you can believe it, the season is only about 43% of the way done. And sharps will be getting down until the bitter end.
>> All odds as of 2:15 p.m. ET. Download The Action Network App to get real-time MLB odds and track your bets.
Betting Terms to Know
Steam Move: Sudden, drastic and uniform line movement across the market caused by an overload of sharp action from respected players.
Reverse Line Movement (RLM): When the betting line moves in the opposite direction of the betting percentages. It’s a top smart money indicator.
Line Freeze: When one side is getting heavy betting, but the line won’t budge, indicating sharp liability on the other side.
Juice: The tax or commission that bettors must pay sportsbooks in order for them to accept your wager. A -115 juice means a bettor would have to wager $115 to win $100.
- Sharp Betting 101: How to Track Professional Betting Action
- How to Bet on Baseball: 15 Simple, Profitable Tips
Philadelphia Phillies (39-32) @ Washington Nationals (33-38)
7:05 p.m. ET | Jake Arrieta (6-5, 4.31 ERA) vs. Patrick Corbin (5-5, 4.11 ERA)