Moore: Why There’s Value on the Magic’s Team Total in Game 3
Photo credit: John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Aaron Gordon shooting on Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard
- The Orlando Magic have an under/over team total of 103.5 points in Game 3.
- Matt Moore breaks down the film from the first two games and makes a case for betting that team total.
My biggest takeaway from Magic-Raptors Game 2 was that the Raptors have figured out Orlando.
Game 1 was suspicious for a lot of reasons:
- Kyle Lowry went scoreless in the most ‘the Raptors in Game 1 with all new players are still the Raptors in Game 1’ performance, ever.
- The Raptors didn’t engage D.J. Augustin in coverage, essentially daring him to beat them, which he did.
- The Magic’s 3-point attack was deadly when it was only ‘pretty good’ during the regular season.
But in Game 2, the Raptors solved all their defensive issues. They smothered Augustin in the pick-and-roll, sending two defenders more aggressively at him from the jump. One key element was using Danny Green on him a lot more:
Augustin is the head of the snake, and the Raptors stepped on it almost immediately.
The Raptors also took this approach to Aaron Gordon: