Tuesday’s Trail Blazers-Mavericks Matchup Offers Noteworthy Trio of Officials
- NBA over/under bettors should be aware of the referees assigned to tonight's Portland Trail Blazers-Dallas Mavericks game (8:30 p.m. ET, Fox Sports Southwest).
- Using our Bet Labs software, we analyze how these three officials could affect scoring in tonight's Blazers-Mavericks matchup.
Tonight in Dallas, the Portland Trail Blazers visit the Mavericks in what is expected to be a very close game. The spread opened at a pick ’em and is now slightly in Dallas’ favor.
However, bettors may want to turn their attention to the total, as the group of assigned officials has a noteworthy history when it comes to over/under betting trends.
According to Bet Labs’ officials/referee data, each of tonight’s refs appear to love points, with two of them having a particularly strong affinity for scoring.
Here are the three officials, along with the over records and win percentages for their regular season games.
- Mitchell Ervin: 102-65 (61.1%)
- Ed Malloy: 369-321 (53.5%)
- Tre Maddox: 203-189 (51.8%)
- Combined: 674-575 (54.0%)
Ervin hasn’t been around all that long, but his games have gone over at a crazy 61% clip. In terms of money won, he’s the second-most profitable over ref in our database.
The third most profitable? Ed Malloy. Malloy has been around for quite some time, with a nearly 700-game sample under his belt since 2005. Though his games haven’t gone over at nearly as high of a rate, he’s what one could call “old faithful.”
As is the case with most betting trends, you’re not likely to find a huge sample size and insane winning percentage at the same time. With Ervin and Malloy, you get the best of both worlds.
The over/under for this game opened at 219 and had reached as high as 220.5. However, sharp money on the under has since driven it down to 219.5.