- Bonuses & Promotions
- Mobile App & Website
- Registering & Cashiering
- Betting Options
SugarHouse isn't the sleekest of sportsbooks, but they — along with sister sportsbook BetRivers — are available in a ton of states. They are a pretty standard large book: You'll find odds on just about every sport and market you could want, and odds on the major sports are usually in line with most U.S. sportsbooks. They do advertise some negative expected value propositions for users, but if you're just looking for another book at which you can line shop and take advantage of a sign-up offer, SugarHouse is worth adding.
SugarHouse Sportsbook Offers
SugarHouse Sportsbook Promo Code
Up to a $250 deposit match, which you receive in bonus money instantly. You must use promo code 250MATCH to receive the offer.
SugarHouse Sportsbook Promo Details
It is a direct, 1-for-1 match on your deposit. Note that if you deposit, you'll receive $250, which is the cap for this offer. There's a 1x rollover requirement, which just means that you have to wager the amount of your deposit at least once before withdrawing to cash. There's a minimum of $10 deposit in order to qualify for the deposit match. Bonus money must be bet on odds greater than -200. That means -150 or -110 will suffice; the latter is the standard odds on all spread bets.
Where You Can Use the SugarHouse Sportsbook App
Sports You Can Bet on With SugarHouse
NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, soccer, tennis, boxing, UFC/MMA, NASCAR, golf, college football and college basketball (except in New Jersey if you want to bet on New Jersey teams and college events held in the state) and more.
Charges to Expect From SugarHouse
You will not be charged for withdrawing or depositing at SugarHouse, but all sportsbooks charge “juice” or “vig” on each bet, which is 10% on standard bets.
SugarHouse Review Summary
Bonuses & Promotions
When it comes to sign-up offers and promos, SugarHouse is not the strongest book in the market. They have a standard deposit match of $250, and it requires a 1x rollover, which is solid. Whereas some books offer a lot of ongoing promos on games, Sugar House typically sticks with just their sign-up offer. When they do offer odds boosts, it's typically on longshots, which are less likely to win.
Mobile App & Website
SugarHouse's website and app are fairly simplistic, which some users like. You don't have to go far to find the sport and particular bet you're looking for. They do clutter up especially the desktop site with unnecessary advertisements and leaderboards, but if you're just looking to bet on major markets, SugarHouse works well.
Registering & Cashiering
We haven't experienced any major problems depositing or withdrawing funds at SugarHouse. That's one of the advantages of using a trusted, regulated U.S. sportsbook — you never have to worry about being defrauded or getting your money.
SugarHouse is a large U.S. book in a bunch of states, and they feel like it with odds on just about everything you could ever want to bet on. They do use Kambi, an odds provider also used by several other U.S. books, so you'll often see the same lines at SugarHouse as competitors.
SugarHouse vs Other Sportsbooks
SugarHouse is your standard sportsbook: They are reliable and offer a broad range of bets, but they don't necessarily stand out from the field. Their odds are somewhat similar to other books, and they're on the bottom end when it comes to promos. Still, if you're looking for a reliable book with fair odds and payouts, SugarHouse is a worthy addition.
SugarHouse Sportsbook Review
Bonuses & Promotions
It's important to take advantage of sign-up offers, promotions and odds boost if you want to keep up your bankroll. Sports betting can be challenging not only because of the nature of predicting outcomes in sports but also because books charge a tax — known as the juice or vig — on each bet.
Unfortunately, SugarHouse doesn't stand out in terms of regular offers. The sign-up deposit match is worth taking advantage of, but after that the value to users is limited. If you're waiting to create an account to get a great event-based offer, they're usually few and far between at SugarHouse — the $250 deposit match is the one you should go with.
The Action Network users can get a sign-up offer at Sugar House: Up to a $250 deposit match, which they'll receive in bonus money instantly. You must use the promo code "250MATCH" to receive the offer.
The fine print on the offer:
- It is a direct, 1-for-1 match on your deposit. That means if you deposit $50, you'll receive $50 in free bets. If you deposit $250, you'll receive $250. Note that if you deposit, you'll receive $250, which is the cap for this offer.
- There's a 1x rollover requirement, which just means that you have to wager the amount of your deposit at least once before withdrawing to cash. This is a very good offer in the industry, as other books often require more than just one rollover.
- There's a minimum of $10 deposit to qualify for the deposit match.
- Bonus money must be bet on odds greater than -200. That means -150 or -110 will suffice; the latter is the standard odds on all spread bets.
Note that this is a one-time offer, so make sure to get the best bang for your buck: If you deposit just $10, you'll get only $10 in free bets. If you want to take advantage of the full $250 available, make sure to deposit that much.
Also, make sure to use the promo code "250MATCH" or the deposit match will not be connected to your account.
Mobile App & Website
SugarHouse operates its mobile sportsbook in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Its sister company, BetRivers, operates in Colorado, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Michigan, Virginia, West Virginia and Illinois. Rush Street Gaming, which is based in Chicago, owns both entities and figures to be a big player in the legalized sports betting market.
SugarHouse's mobile app is solid yet simplistic, which is a nice change from the desktop site, which can be cluttered with advertisements and leaderboards. You won't be blown away by their app, but it works well and has solid navigation to find sports and bets.
SugarHouse's desktop site has solid navigation: You can pretty easily find the sport and bet you want on either the left-hand side or using the top navigation bar. Space is a bit limited, however, so finding game props, player props and derivatives can be a little more challenging — you'll have to click, expand and scroll quite a bit if you're trying to find a more niche bet or market.
One experience that some people may like but we find unnecessary is the "Newsfeed" that takes up the whole right-hand side of the desktop experience. Here, SugarHouse highlights a running list of player user names and winning bet streaks they're on at the moment. It doesn't display the actual bets, so it's mostly for show than the actual value.
Perhaps it's a cool thing to see your name pop up on the leaderboard when you're on a hot streak, but otherwise, it's a use of space that isn't justified by its use to bettors on the site. You can't follow other users or even see what they're betting, so it's mostly a (likely ineffective) strategy to encourage users to keep betting so they'll pop up on the leaderboard.
Other than that potential annoyance, SugarHouse has a fairly standard desktop experience, and we've found it works well. The bet slip experience is solid, and you can enter the bet amount or the amount you'd like to win, which is helpful for users who don't want to calculate odds by hand.
SugarHouse offers a ton of different bet types for all sports, and while its app can be a little clunky, SugarHouse's $250 deposit match with only a 1x rollover is among the best in the industry.
Positive App Feedback from Action & Users
- Good customer service. From our experience and what we've heard from other users, SugarHouse has good customer service and helps to resolve issues quickly. They do have a live chat function both on desktop and in the app, which is a big bonus vs. other books that require you to submit a form or send an email.
- Fast, easy payouts. We've heard that withdrawals have been fast and easy at SugarHouse, which is very important! When opening an account at a sportsbook, one of the biggest things is knowing when you're ready to withdraw that you won't have any problems.
- Easy bet slip functionality. The bet slip experience is a good one at SugarHouse. When you click a bet, it's immediately added to your slip, and from there you can enter both the amount you want to bet or how much you want to win. The last thing bettors want to do is mental math, so that's a nice feature of the bet slip experience.
Positive App Feedback from Action & Users
- Occasional glitching and freezing. We've heard some user feedback that the app can be glitchy at times, whether it's during the geolocation process, when trying to log in or during live betting. Most of the time things are fine, but it's frustrating when it does happen.
- Poor use of space. This is less of a problem on the app vs. the desktop website, which has a rolling screen on the right-hand side that lists random users and their betting streak. When space is already limited on just a single screen, it'd be nice to focus more on bets and markets.
- Uninspiring promotions. Bettors, especially new ones, are typically interested in special promos, and while SugarHouse does offer them, they're usually not great deals vs. what you'd find with other books.
Registering & Cashiering
It is important to note that different states have different rules and regulations for sportsbooks, including depositing and withdrawing funds. You may find that the same book might have PayPal for one state but not the other. When signing up, you'll see the options available to you — but generally, if you use online banking, credit cards, etc. you shouldn't have any problems.
SugarHouse is a big sportsbook and is set up for easy deposits and withdrawals. And because they're a legal U.S. book, you don't have to worry about being defrauded or getting your money — you are protected as a consumer by state regulations, which is one of the best advantages of betting legally in the U.S.
Creating an Account Requires
Signing up for a new SugarHouse only takes a few minutes. If SugarHouse can’t verify your identity using your full name, address, date of birth, email and the last four digits of your social security number, it may ask you to submit other proof of identity, like a photo of your license or passport. Generally, the verification process has been smooth in our testing.
To create a SugarHouse account, you will need to provide your:
|Gender||Cell phone number|
|Date of birth|
|Last four digits of your SSN||Two security questions|
Payout speed can vary across state or book, but generally, you should be able to immediately deposit funds at SugarHouse and get your payouts within a couple of days, if not faster than that. It depends, of course, on your withdrawal choice: A check will take a bit longer, whereas hooking up your online bank account will make the process a lot easier. And again — because Sugar House is a legal, regulated online sportsbook in the U.S., you have completely worry-free payouts.
SugarHouse has every payout and deposit option in the book, including:
|Bank account||Credit card|
|Prepaid SugarHouse care (Play+)||Casino cage|
Most legal sportsbooks have self-imposed limiting controls in place, and SugarHouse is no different. These are effective ways to stop yourself from betting too much if it’s becoming a problem or to just be proactive about setting healthy limits for yourself. We recommend configuring whatever setup helps you maintain responsible limits, and educating yourself. The controls SugarHouse offers include:
- Player limits: Limit your deposits by day, week, or month of the year.
- Self-exclusion: Ban yourself from using the app for a set period of time.
- Cool off: Prevent yourself from depositing or placing bets for a set period of time, while still accessing the app.
In addition to the SugarHouse-provided resources, The Action Network has developed bankroll management educational materials to help ensure bettors have fun and establish sustainable behavior.
There are only a few sportsbooks in the U.S. and around the world that open markets — that is, they are the first to set lines on a particular sport or game. SugarHouse doesn't usually get into that business, and because they use Kambi, an odds provider, their lines are often very similar to those of other U.S. books. That's not necessarily a bad thing, as it allows them to offer odds on just about every sport, prop and market, but it does make them a bit less unique.
Bet types available
Again, you can find just about everything that's legal in the U.S. at SugarHouse, including some niche markets like cricket, cycling, darts, rugby and more. You'll also find a variety of game props, player props, derivative markets — the list goes on.
That’s in addition to all the popular, standard bets you can get at any sportsbook — point spreads, totals, moneyline, first half derivatives, etc. These include:
|First half||Second half|
Sports Markets Offered
In general, SugarHouse offers a very broad range of markets and bet types. While they aren't unique in their lines, they are a very robust book and are a worthy addition to your betting portfolio. In addition to pregame bets, SugarHouse also offers live wagering on many of the sports listed. There are tons of other leagues available within each sport, too.
|College football||College basketball||Soccer|
SugarHouse vs Other Sportsbooks
While sign-up offers, promos and user experience are all crucial factors in selecting a sportsbook, the most sophisticated bettors are often worried about the price. We can compare books in this regard a couple of ways:
- Juice: Also referred to as the “vig,” this is the tax a sportsbook charges for a bet. The standard odds for a spread bet is -110, which means you have to pay $110 to win $10. That extra $10 is the tax.
- Hold: Similar to the juice, the hold is defined as the percentage a sportsbook keeps for every dollar wagered. It’s a better metric to measure for moneylines, for example.
Most online U.S. books — in states where betting is entirely online and not regulated by the state lottery, at least — have standard juice on your typical bets. Take, for example, the juice on spread bets for the NFL. There’s no major difference between sportsbooks: It is commonplace to get -110 on both sides for both the spread and the over/under.
In terms of hold on moneylines, here’s how SugarHouse has fared versus other books in the industry. In general, they're right around the industry average in moneyline holds, although they can be a little higher on non-major sports. If you're interested in betting on the NFL, NBA or one of the popular sports, Sugar House is a fine option.
Their juice on player props, depending on the sport, of course, is a little better than average. You can often find props where they are -113 or so both ways. For reference, the best books when it comes to juice are at -110 standard lines even for props, while a lot will increase the vig up to -120 both ways or higher.
Other benefits to using SugarHouse as opposed to illegal sportsbooks:
- You can more easily deposit since you can simply use your online banking account or credit card as opposed to going through cryptocurrencies or other methods with which you might be unfamiliar.
- Your deposit match bonus has just a one-time rollover, so you’ll see the bonus money in a timely fashion.
- You’ll get your money much more quickly when withdrawing. Even though SugarHouse allows itself 72 hours to complete the process, it’s usually much, much faster.
Other SugarHouse Benefits
SugarHouse tries to incentivize users to come back daily with different promotions tied to specific games. Their boosted odds can be a great way to prop up your bankroll with +EV bets.
An example of this is that SugarHouse will often boost the moneyline in a game by 20-30 cents (moving from +100 to +130) to give bettors an advantage in a particular contest. These boosts are available to all customers, not just new clients.
iRush Rewards Loyalty Program
Every wager you make will earn Loyalty Level points and Bonus Store points, which can be used to purchase rewards from the Bonus Store. As your Loyalty Level continues to increase, so too will the size of your rewards in the Bonus Store.
The Bonus Bank makes it easy for you to track and control the money you earn from bonuses. You can choose when to use your Bonus Money (and how much of it to use) and are given the ability to accumulate multiple bonuses.
SugarHouse Customer Service
SugarHouse’s customer service team is available through their online chat from 9:30 a.m. — 2 a.m. EST or by email.