Mobile App & Website
Betfred's web-based platform takes the form that has become standard in the industry, with the sport/league menu located on a left-hand navigation drawer and odds displayed in the central portion of the screen.
Betfred's Mobile App
At Action, we’ve bet and tested the Betfred Sportsbook app and found pros and cons.
The Action Network Positives:
- Intuitiveness. It won't take long to get the hang of using the Betfred Sports mobile app, and you'll likely be able to find the bet you're looking for within seconds. That can come in handy in crunch time before a game begins or when looking to place a live bet before a line changes.
- Many bet types are available. While most bets placed at any sportsbook come in spreads, moneylines, and totals, you'll find plenty more than that available on Betfred's platform. Props, alternate lines, and more are available upon selecting a game.
- Parlay+ product. If you're into parlays, you'll be happy to know that Betfred's app allows you to parlay several different bet types within the same game. Do you want to parlay a spread, total, and player prop on a single matchup? Look no further.
The Action Network Negatives:
- Design. While design certainly isn't the most critical aspect of a sports betting app, it's worth noting that Betfred's interface isn't quite up to the level of many of its competitors from a looks perspective, with others offering a bit of a cleaner feel.
- Glitches. It's not an issue for every user, but multiple reviews of Betfred's app site crashes or blank screens upon logging in. Users also cite having to sign in again every time they leave the app, even just a few seconds. Potentially, this is a positive from a security perspective.
- No FAQ section. Neither the app nor the web-based platform at Betfred allows users to access an FAQ section. And while they do offer robust customer support, especially over the phone, it's often easiest for customers to find answers to questions on their own — which isn't an option.
However, we know It’s important to have a broader data set in evaluating a mobile application like Betfred Sportsbook. We distilled what’s available in the Apple App Store to find the advantages and challenges the betting population at large found with Betfred below.
Betfred Sportsbook Reviews in the Apple App Store
4.0/5 - 9.4k ratings as of may 2022 - Download at Apple App Store
|Betfred Sportsbook iOS User Positives
||Betfred Sportsbook iOS User Negatives
|Betting options: Like more prominent sportsbooks, Betfred offers parlays, props, alternative spreads, and more to go along with standard moneylines, spreads, and over/unders.
New-user bonus issues: Some users had problems receiving their initial free bonuses upon first deposit. Initial risk-free bets or bonuses are such big draws to sportsbooks, so this should be a key feature to keep an eye on being cleaned up.
|Navigation: Users enjoy the app's simplicity compared to the cluttered and overwhelming feeling of some of the more major sportsbooks—especially a plus for new bettors.
Overall app bugs: Betfred has excellent technical problems, from reported location issues to site glitches and crashes.
Registering and Cashiering
Betfred's sign-up process is a little bit more extensive than what you might find at other books, which isn't necessarily a bad thing from a security standpoint. Signing up will require your name, date of birth, whole social security number (many books only need the last four digits), and a photo ID. However, withdrawal speeds are rapid (1-2 days), often a critical factor in selecting a sportsbook.
How to Sign Up for Betfred
To create an account at Betfred, you'll need to provide the following details:
Step 1. Click here to begin the registration process and select your location. Then, you will be prompted to choose between the desktop or app versions of Betfred before proceeding. Please note that Betfred is only available to users in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Louisiana, and Pennsylvania.
Step 2. Enter your user details:
- Create a Secure Password
Step 3. Enter your personal details:
- Date of Birth
Step 4. Enter your contact and location details:
- Home Address (country, city, state, ZIP code)
- Mobile Number
- Set two Security Questions & Answers
- Use Promo code ACTION
- Read and Agree to the Terms & Conditions and confirm your account details are accurate
Your account has been registered and you are ready to make your first deposit and bet!
Start here to begin Betfred's registration process
The timeframe for receiving funds from a withdrawal depends heavily on your chosen method. Most commonly, bank transfers process within 48 hours. Users can also receive a check by mail (which could take up to 14 days), and users who qualify for VIP Preferred status will instantly receive their funds.
Below is Betfred's deposit/withdrawal option menu:
- Debit cards (deposits only)
- VIP Preferred
- Play+ card
- Bank transfers
- Cash at cage
Like most sportsbooks, Betfred Sports offers users the ability to restrict themselves should they feel their gambling has become a problem. They do so through a "Take a Break" function.
As the name implies, it allows users to suspend their account for a given time (from one month to two years). It's important to note that users will not be able to access their account until the initially decided time has passed.
The sports betting catalog is a strong point for Betfred Sports.
Bet Types Available
Bet types offered include:
- Round Robins
Sports Markets Offered
It's unlikely that you won't be able to find the sport you're looking to bet at Betfred. You will be able to bet on the major sports leagues like the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL, college football and basketball, and more niche sports like table tennis.
NBA Playoff Game Odds: Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics
Below is a selection of odds for the upcoming NBA Playoff game: Updated May 27, 2022 - Odds Provided by Betfred - Subject to Change
Over 200.5 (-110)
Under 200.5 (-110)
Betfred Futures Odds
Here are the NBA Finals futures odds offered by Betfred Sportsbook: Updated May 27, 2022 - Odds Provided by Betfred - Subject to Change
|2021/2022 NBA Team
||Betfred Futures Odds
|Golden State Warriors
Betfred Sports vs. Other Sportsbooks
While Betfred's initial appearance may not catch the eye in quite the same manner as some of its competing sportsbooks, it has its merits. Betfred brings value to new bettors if you want another solid welcome offer and plenty of betting options.
By Sport Pricing Comparison: Betfred vs. FanDuel vs. DraftKings vs. Caesars vs. BetMGM
Being a savvy sports bettor, line shopping across books is a valuable process. We've performed a head-to-head analysis for you to help illustrate the value of line shopping, and the best sportsbook for different bet types and sports, on average.
Sportsbook Pricing Analysis parameters:
- Data collected from January 1, 2021, to April 1, 2022
- Closing odds used (the odds 30 minutes before game-time) in calculations
- Each data point is the average book-edge for the month
- Each data point shown represents a percent of the book's edge
The book with the lowest average book edge represents the best price.
Best Pricing: Sportsbook Edge Averages by Sport (All Markets)
*Sample size of data was too limiting, therefore this league is excluded from the comparison.
Betfred vs. Others Sportsbook Pricing Summary for all Markets:
- Betfred has the best overall pricing, but on a league level, they only had the best pricing for NFL (3.1).
- Caesarsleads pricing in MLB, NCAAF, and NCAAB odds
- FanDuel excelled withNBA pricing, whereas Betfred was middle of the pack
Pricing Summary for Specific Markets:
- Moneylines.Betfred did not have the best moneyline pricing for any sport (4.39). Caesars had better pricing for NFL (4.06), MLB (2.87), NCAAF (4.14), and NCAAB (4). If you like betting on Moneylines, Caesars may be a better choice.
- Spreads. BetFred had thebest pricing on spreads overall(4.39), but this is primarily driven byexceptional pricing on NFL spreads(2.41).
- Totals. Betfred excelled with totals on average (4.29), particularly for NFL (2.43). However, Caesars was a high value for MLB (4.67) AND NCAAF (4.69). DraftKings had the best pricing on College basketball totals (4.70), and BetMGM excelled for NBA (4.72).
Other Betfred Benefits
- Seasonal sport-specific offers: For example, you'll get a $25 free bet if you place a Super Bowl 56 future
- Refer-a-friend bonuses: Get $50 for every friend you refer, up to $500
- Ticket giveaways to local events: For example, Colorado users can enter a contest to win a suite at a Rockies game