European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds, Totals for Weekend Premier League, Serie A, La Liga & More (May 7-10)
Aitor Alcalde Colomer/Getty Images. Pictured: Lionel Messi celebrates with his FC Barcelona teammates.
The European soccer calendar is in the final stretch, and there is a ton on the line this weekend across the continent. With only a few weeks left in the season, the pressure is starting to increase.
The European soccer calendar is so congested at the moment, with Champions League, Europa League and midweek domestic matches coming up this next week, that managers might be rotating their squads to rest some players. It would probably be a good idea to wait until starting lineups come out an hour before kickoff before placing a wager.
You can use these projections to identify betting value on current lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Notes
- Manchester City vs. Chelsea: A preview of the Champions League final takes place at the Etihad this weekend as Manchester City could secure the Premier League title with a win, while Chelsea are battling for a top-four spot. This is the second of three matches between these two clubs over the next month or so, with Chelsea defeating Manchester City in the FA Cup semifinals back on April 17th. What’s interesting about this encounter is neither team technically needs three points, so it will be very interesting what lineups/tactics both managers go with.
Premier League Injury News
- Arsenal: David Luiz (CB) and Granit Xhaka (CM) are out against West Brom.
- Aston Villa: Jack Grealish (LM) is out against Manchester United.
- Brighton: Solomon March (LB), Adam Lallana (CAM), and Tariq Lamptey (RB) are out against Wolves.
- Burnley: Robbie Brady (LM) is out against Fulham.
- Chelsea: Mateo Kovacic (CM) is out against Manchester City.
- Crystal Palace: Mamadou Sahko (CB) is out against Sheffield United. Wilfred Zaha (ST) is questionable.
- Everton: Abdoulaye Doucoure (CM) is out against West Ham. James Rodriguez (CAM) is questionable.
- Leeds: Kalvin Phillips (CM) is out against Tottenham.
- Leicester: Harvey Barnes (LM) and James Justin (LB) are out against Newcastle.
- Liverpool: Jordan Henderson (CM), Joel Matip (CB), Joe Gomez (CB), Virgil van Djik (CB) are out against Manchester United.
- Manchester City: John Stones (CB) is out against Chelsea.
- Manchester United: Anthony Martial (ST) is out against Aston Villa.
- Newcastle: Jamaal Lascelles (CB), Karl Darlow (GK), and Fabian Schär (CB) are out against Leicester.
- Sheffield United: Oliver McBurnie (ST) and Jack O’Connell (CB) are out against Crystal Palace.
- Southampton: Ryan Bertrand (RB), Danny Ings (ST), and Oriol Romeu (CM) are out against Liverpool.
- Tottenham: Ben Davies (LB) is out against Leeds.
- West Brom: Branislav Ivanovic (CB) and Ainsley Maitland-Niles (RM) are out against Arsenal.
- West Ham: Arthur Masuaku (LB) and Declan Rice (CM) are out against Everton. Angelo Ogbonna (CB) is questionable.
- Wolves: Pedro Neto (LW) and Raul Jimenez (ST) are out against Brighton. Rayan Ait Nouri (LB), Joao Moutinho (CM), and Willy Boly (CB) are questionable.
- Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig: This is a huge match for Dortmund who are fighting for a top-four spot in the Bundesliga. Dortmund trails Frankfurt by one point and can’t afford to drop any more points for the rest of the season or they’ll be out of next season’s Champions League competition. They’ve been in really good form to get into this position, winning their last four matches to close the gap. RB Leipzig have all but secured second place in the table, so it’ll be interesting to see how much stock they put in this match, especially with their manager on his way to Bayern Munich next season.
Bundesliga Injury News
- Augsburg: FelixUduokhai (CB) is out against Vfb Stuttgart.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Lars Bender (CDM) and Charles Aranguiz (CDM) are questionable to play against Werder Bremen.
- Borussia Dortmund: Jude Bellingham (CM) and Axel Witsel (CM) are out against RB Leipzig. Giovanni Reyna (LM) is questionable.
- Frankfurt: Evan NDicka (CB) is out against Mainz.
- Hertha Berlin: Marvin Plattenhardt (LB) and Dodi Lukebakio (ST) are out against Arminia Bielefeld.
- Hoffenheim: Chris Richards (CB) is out against Schalke. Sebastian Rudy (CM) is questionable.
- Koln: Jannes-Kilian Horn (LB) is out against Freiburg.
- Mainz: Stefan Bell (CB) is out against Frankfurt.
- RB Leipzig: Christoher Nkunku (RM) and Tyler Adams (CM) are out against Dortmund.
- Schalke: Malick Thiaw (CB), Salif Sane (CB), Benjamin Stambouli (CB), Omar Mascarell (CM), Mehmet Can Aydin (RB), and Matija Nastasic (CB) are out against Hoffenheim.
- Union Berlin: Taiwo Awoniyi (ST) is questionable to play against Wolfsburg. Grischa Promel (CM) is out.
- Vfb Stuttgart: Borna Sosa (LM),Orel Mangala (CM) and Silas Wamangituka (RM) are out against Augsburg.
- Werder Bremen: Omer Toprak (CB) is questionable to play against Leverkusen.
- Wolfsburg: Renato Steffen (LM) is questionable against Union Berlin.
Serie A Notes
- Juventus vs. AC Milan: This is a massive match with top-four implications on the line. Juventus and AC Milan are both currently sitting two points above Napoli for the final Champions League spot, with only four matches left in the season. Juventus are not in great form either, as they only have four wins in their last eight matches. AC Milan aren’t in great form either, with only two wins in their last four matches.
Serie A Injury News
- Benevento: Alessandro Tuia (CB) is out against Cagliari.
- Bologna: Nicola Sansone (CAM) and Aaron Hickey (LB) are questionable to play against Udinese.
- Genoa: Valon Behrami (CM) and Domenico Criscito (CB) are out against Sassuolo.
- Inter: Arturo Vidal (CM) is questionable to play against Sampdoria.
- Napoli: Kalidou Koulibaly (CB) is out against Spezia. Victor Osimhen (ST), and David Ospina (GK) are questionable.
- Parma: Simone Iacoponi (CB) is questionable to play against Juventus. Dennis Man (RW) and Gaston Brugman (CM) are out.
- Roma: Gianluca Mancini (CB) and Leonardo Spinazzola (LM) are out against Crotone. Jordan Veretout (CM) is questionable.
- Sassuolo: Francesco Caputo (ST) is questionable to play against Genoa.
- Spezia: M’Bala Nzola (ST) is out against Napoli.
- Torino: Rolando Mandragora (CM) is out against Verona.
- Udinese: Fernando Llorente (ST) andGerard Deulofeu (ST) is out against Bologna. Ignacio Pussetto (ST) is questionable.
- Verona: Adrien Tameze (CM) is out against Torino. Miguel Veloso (CM) is questionable.
La Liga Notes
- Barcelona vs. Atletico Madrid: This match could wind up deciding the La Liga title race. Atletico leads Barcelona and Real Madrid by two points, so three points could see them sink Barcelona’s hopes. On the flip side Barcelona could go to the top with a win, and if they draw, Real Madrid can go to the top if they beat Sevilla. Atletico Madrid defeated Barcelona 1-0 earlier in the season but only have one win in their last five matches. Barcelona only have lost twice at home this season in La Liga.
- Real Madrid vs. Sevilla: Real Madrid can potentially go to the top of the league if they take all three points from Sevilla on Sunday. Real Madrid are in fantastic form in La Liga, with only one loss since the calendar turned to 2021. Sevilla’s title hopes are pretty much over after they lost at home to Athletic Bilbao on Monday. However, they are still in really good form, winning seven of their last nine matches.
La Liga Injury News
- Athletic Bilbao: Ander Capa (RB), Raul Garcia (ST), Inigo Martinez (CB), Dani Garcia (CM), and Iker Muniain (LW) are out against Osasuna. Yuri Berchiche (LB) is questionable.
- Barcelona: Philippe Coutinho (CAM) and Ansu Fati (LW) are out against Atletico Madrid.
- Cadiz: Salvi Sanchez (RM), Juan Cala (CB), and Alex Fernández (LM) are out against Huesca.
- Celta Vigo: Ruben Blanco (GK) and Jeison Murillo (CB) are questionable to play against Villarreal. Iago Aspas (ST) and Renato Tapia (CM) are questionable.
- Eibar: Alejandro Pozo (RB) is out against Getafe.
- Elche: Johan Mojica (LB) is questionable to play against Real Sociedad.
- Getafe: Erick Cabaco (CB) is out against Eibar.
- Granada: Roberto Soldado (ST) and Kenedy (LM) are out against Real Betis. Luis Milla (CAM) and Rui Silva (GK) are questionable.
- Huesca: Jorge Pulido (CB) is out against Cadiz.
- Levante: Nikola Vukcevic (CM) is questionable to play against Alaves.
- Osasuna: Jonathan Calleri (ST) is questionable to play against Athletic Bilbao. Oier (CM) is out.
- Real Betis: Aissa Mandi (CB) and Nabil Fekir (CAM) are out against Granada.
- Real Madrid: Daniel Carvajal (RB), Raphael Varane (CB),andLucas Vazquez (RW) are out against Sevilla.
- Real Sociedad: Mikel Merino (CM) is out against Elche.
Ligue 1 Injury News
- Angers: Ismael Traore (CB), Ibrahim Amadou (CM), Angelo Fulgini (CM), Souleyman Doumbia (LB), Rachid Alioui (CM) and Sofiane Boufal (LM) are out against Dijon.
- Bordeaux: Otávio (CDM) and Laurent Koscielny (CB) are questionable to play against Nantes.
- Brest: Christophe Herelle (CB) is questionable to play against Nice.
- Dijon: Didier Ndong (CM) is questionable to play against Angers. Senou Coulibaly (CB) is out.
- Lens: Issiaga Sylla (LB) is out against Lille.
- Lille: Benjamin Andre (ST) is out against Lens.
- Lorient: Julien Laporte (CB) is out against Lyon. Jonathan Delaplace (RB) is questionable.
- Lyon: Memphis Depay (ST) and Marcelo (CB) are out against Lorient.
- Metz: Opa Nguette (LW) is questionable to play against Nimes.
- Monaco: Aleksandr Golovin (RM) and Gelson Martins (LM) are questionable to play against Reims. Sofiane Diop (CAM) and Steven Jovetic (ST) are out.
- Montpellier: Teji Savanier (CM) and Jordan Ferri (CM) are out against Strasbourg.
- Nice: Amine Gouiri (LW) is questionable to play against Brest. Myziane Maolida (RW) is out.
- Nimes: Andres Cubas (CM) and Anthony Briancon (CB) are questionable to play against Metz.
- PSG: Kylian Mbappe (ST) is out against Rennes.
- Reims: Valon Berisha (CM) is out against Monaco. Ghislain Konan (LB) is questionable.
- Rennes: Eduardo Camavinga (CM), Adrien Truffert (LB), and Steven N’Zonzi (CM) are out against PSG.
- Saint Etienne: Yvan Neyou (CM) and Jessy Moulin (GK) are out against Marseille.
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.