West Ham vs. Liverpool Odds and Best Bets: Will the Reds Roll Again?
Andrew Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images. Pictured: Roberto Firmino, Jordan Henderson
- Liverpool are massive favorites over West Ham United in their Premier League match on Monday afternoon (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- Since the odds are so high on Liverpool, does it make sense to back them on the spread?
- Jeremy Pond details his betting strategy for today's lone Premier League match.
West Ham United at Liverpool Betting Odds and Picks
West Ham odds: +1700
Liverpool odds: -700
Over/Under: 3.5 (+102/-126)
Time: 3 p.m. ET
The last team West Ham United wanted to see at this juncture of the Premier League season is the runaway leader.
And facing Liverpool, who is entering this match fresh off a Champions League defeat, is something that could make life even miserable.
The Hammers journey to Anfield for Monday’s game against the Reds, who are looking to bounce back from last week’s 1-0 loss at Atletico Madrid. West Ham currently sits in 18th-place, smack dab atop the relegation zone with its dismal 6-14-6 record. In contrast, the Reds and manager Jürgen Klopp have all but secured the championship with their near perfect 25-0-1 mark in league play.
Liverpool, which sits in second among the 20 Premier League clubs with 56.30 expected goals, loves playing in the friendly confines of Anfield, where it has scored at least two goals in 19 of its last 20 league contests.
Liverpool vs. West Ham United Trends and Stats
- West Ham has recorded just one victory in its last 46 matches at Liverpool. That win came back in August of 2015
- Liverpool has scored at least two goals in six of its last seven matches against West Ham across all competitions
- West Ham has yielded at least four goals in each of its last two road games at Liverpool
- Liverpool has recorded 10 shutouts in its last 11 league matches
As for West Ham, things could not be going much worse for manager David Moyes and his side. The Hammers, currently ranked 17th in the league with 29.56 expected goals, have just one victory in its last nine matches and a grand total of three wins in their last 19 league contests. Most recently, West Ham suffered a 2-0 loss against Manchester City. Prior to that, the Hammers battled to a 3-3 draw against Brighton Hove & Albion.
The Reds might not seem to have much motivation going through the motions in the season’s second half, but one thing is definitely on their minds entering this match.
A win against West Ham would equal Manchester City’s record of 18 consecutive league victories, set back in 2017, and give them a shot to break the mark in Saturday’s contest at Watford.
Bottom line, Liverpool is going to roll in this match. The only question is by how many goals.
I firmly believe the Reds are going to unleash all its firepower on West Ham and not hold back, especially after failing to get off any shots on goal in the loss at Atletico Madrid.
Play Liverpool to cover the spread in convincing style.
The Bet: Liverpool minus-2 (-110)