Tuesday’s MLB Forecast: Shaky Weather for Harper’s Return to Washington
Brad Mills-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Max Scherzer.
- Three of Tuesday's MLB games are projected to have strong winds blowing in, providing good spots to look toward the under.
- Seattle has the best outdoor Weather Rating of the day, which is a rarity.
- The Phillies-Nationals game has the worst Weather Rating of the day and a significant risk of rain, which could put a damper on Bryce Harper's return to Washington.
Bryce is back in the nation’s capital. Will he be showered with boos or showered with rain? Probably both if we’re being honest.
There’s plenty of interesting things going on for tonight’s slate: bad weather, strong winds, chances of rain, etc. Basically everything except nice conditions for playing baseball. Alas, it’s still April 2, so what more could we expect?
A Trip to the Lab
The wind has blown directly in just one time this season, but that’s about to change. Taking the under when the wind blows in is a simple, yet consistently profitable betting strategy.
Here’s where the weather vanes will be pointing toward home plate tonight:
- Tigers at Yankees: Over/under 8
- Phillies at Nationals: Over/under 7
- Astros at Rangers: Over/under 9
Also worth noting is that Globe Life Park is historically the most profitable park for unders when the wind is blowing in, posting a record of 149-102-14 (59.4%).
Highest Weather Ratings (excluding closed roofs)
- Angels at Mariners: 44
- Giants at Dodgers: 40
Weather Ratings are a proprietary number created by FantasyLabs which are on a 0-100 scale, with 100 being the best hitting atmosphere and 0 being the best pitching atmosphere. It takes into account temperature, wind speed, wind direction, stadium elevation, humidity and atmospheric pressure.
It must be April 2 because you’re never going to find Seattle at the top of the Weather Ratings any other time of year. The highest Weather Rating ever recorded in Seattle was 64, and 44 is right around the 75th-percentile when it comes to games at
Safeco T-Mobile Park.