Zylbert: What Can We Expect From Charlie Morton’s First Start of the Postseason?
Erik Williams-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Houston Astros starting pitcher Charlie Morton (50).
Betting odds: Boston Red Sox at Houston Astros
- Over/Under: 8.5
- First Pitch: 8:39 p.m. ET
- Probable Pitchers: Rick Porcello (17-7, 4.28 ERA) vs. Charlie Morton (15-3, 3.13 ERA)
- Channel: TBS
- Regular Season: 102-73-4, +21.45 units
- Postseason: 5-7-1, -3.3 units
- Yesterday’s Result: Brewers-Dodgers Under 7.5, Gonzalez vs. Hill (WIN)
*Each bet graded as if it were to win 1 unit
Morton has the talent to start Game 1 of a series for a lot of teams. Yet, we are in Game 4 of the American League Championship Series, and Morton will be making his first appearance since the last day of the regular season.
Will the long layoff hinder the Houston right-hander?