Gerry Angus-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Marcus Stroman
- Both Oakland's Sean Manaea and Toronto's Marcus Stroman have been trending upward lately.
- But oddsmakers continue to hang high totals for their games.
- Matt Zylbert is taking advantage of that for his Wednesday MLB over/under bet.
Whoa boy. It couldn’t really get any closer than it did in last night’s Indians-Twins Under 8.5 bet. While Trevor Bauer and Kyle Gibson each delivered quality starts, the bullpens made us sweat a ton, and ultimately we cashed in a 6-2 Cleveland win.
Zylbert’s 2018 MLB Over/Under Betting Record: 70-45-3, +20.3 units
Yesterday’s Result: Indians-Twins Under 8.5, Bauer vs. Gibson (WIN)
*Each bet graded as if it were to win 1 unit
>> Follow Matt Zylbert in The Action Network App to get free alerts on all his MLB bets during the season.
Toronto Blue Jays @ Oakland Athletics | O/U: 8
- 3:35 p.m. ET (MLB Network)
- Probable Pitchers: Marcus Stroman (4-7, 5.20 ERA) vs. Sean Manaea (9-7, 3.46 ERA)
Really, oddsmakers? It wasn’t too long ago when games in Oakland would very rarely draw an over/under line of 8 or higher, and even though that has become a lot more commonplace (such as the first two games of this three-game set), this series finale features a pitching matchup that deserves more respect than a total this high.