Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: New York Yankees starting pitcher Luis Severino (40) in the dugout in the ninth inning against the Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park
- Sharp bettors have made their opinion clear on tonight's American League wild-card game between the Oakland Athletics (+164 betting odds) and New York Yankees (-183), which starts at 8 p.m. ET.
- Sports Insights' bet signals reveal the bet they're making.
If it was a sweat you were looking for, last night’s NL wild-card game delivered — at least for moneyline bettors.
With their 13-inning victory, the Rockies cashed tickets for any +125-ish bettors, and both teams’ inability to score gave under bettors a relatively easy win.
Sharp action has made its way to the American League’s wild-card game tonight, as wiseguys have been pounding one angle of this matchup since early in the morning.
>> All odds as of 12 p.m. ET. Download The Action Network App to get real-time MLB odds and track your bets.
Betting odds: Oakland Athletics at New York Yankees
- Yankees (Luis Severino): -183
- Athletics (Liam Hendriks): +164
- Over/under: 8.5 (u-120)
- First pitch: 8:08 p.m. ET
- TV channel: TBS
Behind Severino, the Yankees have unsurprisingly been the slightly more popular team tonight, gathering 56% of bets.
However, other than standard juice reduction that takes place as the game approaches, the line has barely moved from its opening number.
It’s worth noting that in the playoffs, teams simply receiving fewer than 50% of bets have gone 228-196 since 2005, winning 64.1 units over that span.
But while no side has become a clear sharp play yet, wiseguys have made their opinion known on the total.