Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Charlie Blackmon
- The Colorado Rockies are slight underdogs (+125 odds) against the Chicago Cubs (-140 odds) in the NL wild-card game.
- With Kyle Freeland and Jon Lester on the mound, BlackJack Fletcher has a bet he's eyeing for Tuesday night's showdown.
It’s October, there’s a crispness to the air (well, there should be any way), the leaves are changing colors, “Hocus Pocus” is all over our television screens and playoff baseball has arrived.
After a pair of Game 163s yesterday, we get the single-elimination wild-card games over the next two days. The National League is up first with the Colorado Rockies visiting the Chicago Cubs.
These two teams are pretty evenly matched, but I see some value in the odds.
Betting odds: Colorado Rockies at Chicago Cubs
- Rockies Moneyline: +125 (Kyle Freeland)
- Cubs Moneyline: -140 (Jon Lester)
- Over/Under: 7 (-115/-105)
- First pitch: 8:05 p.m. ET
- Channel: ESPN
The Rockies trot out Freeland to go against Lester for the Cubs.
Obviously, Lester has the edge when it comes to playoff experience. He is 9-7 with a 2.55 ERA in the postseason, but his teams lost his two previous elimination-game starts (Boston 2008, Oakland 2014).
Freeland, on the other hand, is in his second big league season and has no playoff experience. He did, however, have an outstanding year, going 17-7 with a 2.85 ERA.