Credit: Noah K. Murray-USA TODAY Sports
- Check out the odds for all 30 NBA teams to make and miss the playoffs entering the 2019-20 regular season.
There is only one path to the NBA Championship and that is to first make the playoffs.
Entering the 2019-20 NBA season, the league is as wide open as it has ever been with NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard going from the Toronto Raptors to the Los Angeles Clippers and numerous free agents switching teams during the offseason.
The team with the best odds to make the playoffs according to PointsBet is the Milwaukee Bucks (-5000), followed by the Philadelphia 76ers (-2500) and Los Angeles Clippers (-2000).
On the other end of the spectrum, the teams with the worst odds to make the playoffs are the Memphis Grizzlies (+1400), Charlotte Hornets (+1400) and Cleveland Cavaliers (+1100).
The teams that the market predicts will be right on the cusp of making the playoffs this season are the Toronto Raptors, Orlando Magic, Detroit Pistons and Miami Heat, who are all in a crowded bottom half of the Eastern Conference with Kawhi leaving for the West.
When looking back to last season, PointsBet has two teams favored to make the playoffs who missed in 2018-19: Miami Heat (-200 to make playoffs) and Los Angeles Lakers (-770).
Without further ado, here are odds to make and miss the playoffs for all 30 NBA teams …
All odds are as of July 19, 2019 (via PointsBet and DraftKings).
2019-20 NBA Make/Miss Playoffs
NBA Opening Odds Make/Miss Playoffs (via PointsBet)
- Milwaukee Bucks: -5000/+1400
- Philadelphia 76ers: -2500/+1100
- Los Angeles Clippers: -2000/+1000
- Utah Jazz: -1000/+625
- Boston Celtics: -770/+550
- Los Angeles Lakers: -770/+525
- Brooklyn Nets: -600/+450
- Denver Nuggets: -600/+450
- Houston Rockets: -500/+375
- Indiana Pacers: -450/+350
- Golden State Warriors: -370/+275
- Portland Trail Blazers: -335/+260
- San Antonio Spurs: -250/+200
- Miami Heat: -200/+165
- Toronto Raptors: -200/+165
- Orlando Magic: -150/+125
- Detroit Pistons: +100/-120
- Atlanta Hawks: +300/-400
- Chicago Bulls: +350/-450
- Sacramento Kings: +350/-450
- Dallas Mavericks: +350/-450
- New Orleans Pelicans: +350/-455
- New York Knicks: +600/-900
- Oklahoma City Thunder: 600/-900
- Minnesota Timberwolves: 600/-900
- Washington Wizards: +700/-1150
- Phoenix Suns: +900/-1667
- Cleveland Cavaliers: +1100/-2500
- Memphis Grizzlies: +1400/-5000
- Charlotte Hornets: +1400/-5000