Credit: Noah K. Murray-USA TODAY Sports
- Check out the odds for all 30 NBA teams to make and miss the playoffs entering the 2019-20 regular season.
There is only one path to the NBA Championship and that is to first make the playoffs.
Entering the 2019-20 NBA season, the league is as wide open as it has ever been with NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard going from the Toronto Raptors to the Los Angeles Clippers and numerous free agents switching teams during the offseason.
The team with the best odds to make the playoffs according to Westgate SuperBook are the Milwaukee Bucks (-10000) and Philadelphia 76ers (-10000), followed by a tie for 3rd between the Los Angeles Clippers and Houston Rockets.
On the other end of the spectrum, the teams with the worst odds to make the playoffs are the Charlotte Hornets and Cleveland Cavaliers at +1500.
The teams that the market predicts will be right on the cusp of making the playoffs this season in the Eastern Conference are the Brooklyn Nets, Chicago Bulls and Detroit Pistons.
When looking back to last season, Westgate has two teams favored to make the playoffs who missed in 2018-19: Miami Heat (-310 to make playoffs) and Los Angeles Lakers (-550).
Without further ado, here are odds to make and miss the playoffs for all 30 NBA teams …
All odds are as of Oct. 22, 2019 (via Westgate SuperBook, PointsBet and DraftKings). Check out PointsBet, where Action Network users can access an exclusive promotion to get a 200% deposit match (deposit $50, bet with $150).
2019-20 NBA Make/Miss Playoffs
NBA Opening Odds Make/Miss Playoffs (via PointsBet)
- Milwaukee Bucks: -5000/+1400
- Philadelphia 76ers: -2500/+1100
- Los Angeles Clippers: -2000/+1000
- Utah Jazz: -1000/+625
- Boston Celtics: -770/+550
- Los Angeles Lakers: -770/+525
- Brooklyn Nets: -600/+450
- Denver Nuggets: -600/+450
- Houston Rockets: -500/+375
- Indiana Pacers: -450/+350
- Golden State Warriors: -370/+275
- Portland Trail Blazers: -335/+260
- San Antonio Spurs: -250/+200
- Miami Heat: -200/+165
- Toronto Raptors: -200/+165
- Orlando Magic: -150/+125
- Detroit Pistons: +100/-120
- Atlanta Hawks: +300/-400
- Chicago Bulls: +350/-450
- Sacramento Kings: +350/-450
- Dallas Mavericks: +350/-450
- New Orleans Pelicans: +350/-455
- New York Knicks: +600/-900
- Oklahoma City Thunder: 600/-900
- Minnesota Timberwolves: 600/-900
- Washington Wizards: +700/-1150
- Phoenix Suns: +900/-1667
- Cleveland Cavaliers: +1100/-2500
- Memphis Grizzlies: +1400/-5000
- Charlotte Hornets: +1400/-5000